Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #51
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

DST has made a Tomb of Dracula statue.

Last edited by MONSTER; 02-02-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: No need to go there.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #52
Gianco
X-Force

Interesting project, very ambitious! I´m looking forward to see this one finished and I hope they can get that spinning mjolnir effect right...
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #53
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
A modern museum version has been confirmed which makes me very happy. I wasn't planning on getting this one but it may be hard to turn down.
I would love to see this one get done so that I could add it next my Museum Thor and Beta Ray Bill (whenever that is release).
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #54
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
DST has made a Tomb of Dracula statue.
Not happy with this one, as I've stated in prior Dracula threads. The statue is a great piece of work, love the attention to detail; however, it's not Gene Colan's Dracula. The face is Vincent Price's face rather than the Jack Palance version off of which Gene the Dean modeled his Lord of Vampires.

Happy for those who own and love this statue but it will never enter my home, freely and of it's own ill or otherwise.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #55
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Well, we may eventually get that sometime down the line. Maybe Bowen Designs has realized that there is an adverse reaction by the consumers to many variants of the same sculpt released at or around the same time and is spacing it out? Hence the three different sculpts of Thor confirmed now, and maybe more a few months down the line.

A lot of people, myself included, asked for the Modern Museum Thor
If the Modern Museum Thor is as boring as the recent spidey museum, it wont sell very well. If its as awesome as the classic museum Thor I'm in, but in the end museum statues appeal only to the serious collectors.

I'm sure most people will buy the action pose and just wait another long wait for yet another Thor sculpt, which may or may not happen.

Personally i think variants are the smarter option.
Daredevil worked out well, only an over critical person would complain about it.

If sideshow knew Hulk would be such a hit they would have produced 3000 of them, and honestly that would have been for the better. Fans would have got what they want and not have to settle for same lame pinheaded Hulk with an army cut.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #56
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
If the Modern Museum Thor is as boring as the recent spidey museum, it wont sell very well. If its as awesome as the classic museum Thor I'm in, but in the end museum statues appeal only to the serious collectors.

I'm sure most people will buy the action pose and just wait another long wait for yet another Thor sculpt, which may or may not happen.

Personally i think variants are the smarter option.
Daredevil worked out well, only an over critical person would complain about it.

If sideshow knew Hulk would be such a hit they would have produced 3000 of them, and honestly that would have been for the better. Fans would have got what they want and not have to settle for same lame pinheaded Hulk with an army cut.
I think it's supposed to be a "bookend" piece to the Classic Museum Thor. Exactly what that means, I don't know but I hope it's the mirror image of the Classic.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #57
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I think it's supposed to be a "bookend" piece to the Classic Museum Thor. Exactly what that means, I don't know but I hope it's the mirror image of the Classic.
A matching set in face and outfit I guess. If so will go for it but am a bit confused by the baton thing with Mjollnir. Not sure how that will translate on a statue. lol
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #58
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Matching bookends thats what Beta Ray Bill is for.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #59
jelmatthewf
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Maybe a purchase not sure yet
jelmatthewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #60
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Holy smokes! These are looking like incredibly sure buys for me! Awesome stuff!!! Thanks a bunch for the updates, Bachtere.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote