Old 08-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #101
johnclone
The Enchantress

I know it is on Hulu, but I think that is a payment required site
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #102
johnclone
The Enchantress

The most recent episode has some really solid moments. We're in the final season building up to the final confrontation, etc. Should get very exciting.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:52 PM   #103
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man, I bailed on this series halfway through last season IIRC. Terrible writing and characters. Can't remember the name of the main character's son but he might be the most annoying child in television history.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #104
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Man, I bailed on this series halfway through last season IIRC. Terrible writing and characters. Can't remember the name of the main character's son but he might be the most annoying child in television history.
I've enjoyed the series a lot but that kid is still damn annoying.

Have to wait awhile til the last season drops on Netflix to see how it ends.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #105
johnclone
The Enchantress

He's even more annoying now than ever!
Even the master commented on how dark his heart is.

The show has its flaws for sure. But I think the core of what it is stays interesting and entertaining from week to week.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #106
johnclone
The Enchantress

Interesting episode. I'll keep this spoiler free and just say there was a lot going on.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #107
johnclone
The Enchantress

some highs and some lows this week. Why do they make Zach such a big character in the show, nothing against the actor who plays him, but the character is so unwatchable because you just loathe him, every second he is on the screen is too long and he seemed to be on the screen a lot this episode. Like last time, some great backstory scenes for Quinlan, providing insight into why he hates the master so much. A good episode but not great.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #108
johnclone
The Enchantress

major event in last night's episode.

But there's one thing about the show that always bugs me, and it is really so annoying now. They gave the master a cool ability to see through the eyes of all of the Strigoi, and he can communicate through them as well, so in a way he is "everywhere" Cool right? But! .... It also opens up a terrible plot hole, as the master is supposed to be frantically trying to find our heroes. He's looking everywhere for them! Except when he speaks to them through the other Strigoi, then for some reason he doesn't use that ability to figure out where the xxxx they are! Maybe a few times in the series he actually did immediately send some minions to go to the location, but most of the time he doesn't! It just doesn't seem to occur to him every time that while he is talking to one of the heroes through a Strigoi minion, seeing them through the eyes of his servants, that he could actually figure out where they all are! He knows the thoughts of his servants, therefore he knows where they are, and if one of them is actually looking right at the professor, then the master should know IMMEDIATELY where the professor is currently taking up space! The writers don't seem to realize how dumb this appears. They've made no attempts to explain this. The professor or Quinlan often look right into the eyes of the master's minions and tell him they are coming to get him, and the whole time the master is like, I'll find you! You can't hide from me forever! I'm the master!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

that's a pretty massive oversight. It's the attention to little details like that which make or break a series IMO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:14 AM   #110
johnclone
The Enchantress

Well, that's that. After SO many attempts to destroy the Master, they FINALLY ACTUALLY did OFF HIM in the season finale and so the whole series is over and boxed up with a nice little bow on top, no loose ends. The end. There was a surprise or two, I won't discuss any spoilers yet, it was an OK ending but nothing that struck me as spectacular in either the writing dept, visuals, or acting. I was hoping the demise of the Master and the effects of that on the remaining Strigoi would be way more exciting to watch than it actually seemed. With the Master gone, all the Strigoi seemed a little confused. I expected to see them in total panic running around in circles and falling down, screaming, and tripping on their tongue thingies, and so on. But apparently, all that would have taken intellect, and without the Master to guide them, they just stand there and do practically nothing. So that was a bit anticlimactic.