Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 12-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #211
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
I just received Tali and had a chance to take a look at her. Overall, I am extremely underwhelmed.

The paint looks awful. It is like the paint got smeared because it probably got mixed or laying against something without proper protection. You can see the inconsistencies with the white outlines in her fabric...it's looks they got peeled/smeared. Plus those red streaks are a bit too much and doesn't even remotely match to what the prototype was.

I have both Garrus and Liara...and they both came out much better. I'm so disappointed as Tali is one of my top 3 favorite characters in ME.

I will be looking for a replacement or maybe they could fix it.
Wow dude that is horrible. God this bums me out. First ARH screws me over and now possibly GH as mine is on its way.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #212
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I've said this before in a Sideshow thread, but when companies start to produce substandard finished goods, like in this case, I wonder if they would be open to selling unpainted statues? So either you could get them painted professionally or complete it as a project yourself.

The way I see it, this statue was delayed a whole year, and clearly what is coming out of their chosen factory is dog s*#t. They must have known this, but shipped anyway to avoid even further delays. Now a lot of people are straight throwing these statues back at them, this is financially and from a business perspective, a disaster.

If people are still interested in the sculpts (I would be) then maybe when you complain, you can request the unpainted statue, GH can tell the manufacturer to go f*@k themselves due to their rubbish output, and tell them to produce the unpainted statue only - they then offer a 25% refund to the customer and the unpainted statue to finish as they wish.

I wonder if they would consider taking, the statues that have already shipped out, back, and removing the paint, as a way to fix the problem?

Surely, if people are willing, this is better for everyone?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:13 PM   #213
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I've said this before in a Sideshow thread, but when companies start to produce substandard finished goods, like in this case, I wonder if they would be open to selling unpainted statues? So either you could get them painted professionally or complete it as a project yourself.

The way I see it, this statue was delayed a whole year, and clearly what is coming out of their chosen factory is dog s*#t. They must have known this, but shipped anyway to avoid even further delays. Now a lot of people are straight throwing these statues back at them, this is financially and from a business perspective, a disaster.

If people are still interested in the sculpts (I would be) then maybe when you complain, you can request the unpainted statue, GH can tell the manufacturer to go f*@k themselves due to their rubbish output, and tell them to produce the unpainted statue only - they then offer a 25% refund to the customer and the unpainted statue to finish as they wish.

I wonder if they would consider taking, the statues that have already shipped out, back, and removing the paint, as a way to fix the problem?

Surely, if people are willing, this is better for everyone?
It's funny you bring this up. I actually had this thought today. I'm open to correcting the problem myself if they'll give a partial refund that allows me to have the problem taken care of either by some other painter or even myself. I can't screw it up anymore than they have already. lol
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #214
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I canceled mine before she shipped. I'm saddened to see that she turned out this way as I was contemplating picking her up later down the road. The handful of GH pieces I have are great. I hope this statue is just a fluke for them.

I hope everyone that is unhappy with theirs get it resolved to their satisfaction.

And thank you, dao2, for posting the video. I got a chance to watch it yesterday and found it very helpful.

Last edited by JSeals; 12-20-2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: shout out to dao2
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:51 PM   #215
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
What the hell happened to the paint job on this statue?

How can GH turn out a superior painted product like Kratos on throne (XM, Prime 1 quality) but turn around and put this out? I'm confused...
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #216
dao2
Cyclops

sad thing is thats one of the best looking ones yet :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeals View Post
And thank you, dao2, for posting the video. I got a chance to watch it yesterday and found it very helpful.
np!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #217
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
I just received Tali and had a chance to take a look at her. Overall, I am extremely underwhelmed.

The paint looks awful. It is like the paint got smeared because it probably got mixed or laying against something without proper protection. You can see the inconsistencies with the white outlines in her fabric...it's looks they got peeled/smeared. Plus those red streaks are a bit too much and doesn't even remotely match to what the prototype was.
That looks worst than mine. It looks like they wiped all the white right off in sections and just left the purple. While the factory is responsible for making a quality product, it's Gaming Heads' responsibility to have a full time QA onsite at the factory. I guarantee they didn't do that
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #218
dao2
Cyclops

Very few people do that, SS don't :|

Also yes they literally wiped it off. I don't know people don't understand how they did the shawl :P

Paint purple. Take watered down paint (a wash) and brush it all over, then wipe on top to only leave what's in the grooves. Unfortunately this is hardly the best method (but it is the easiest) and they used wayyy to watery of a wash and did a careless job cleaning it up.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:24 AM   #219
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post

Paint purple. Take watered down paint (a wash) and brush it all over, then wipe on top to only leave what's in the grooves. Unfortunately this is hardly the best method (but it is the easiest) and they used wayyy to watery of a wash and did a careless job cleaning it up.
My guess is, hiring a guy with one eye and a gimpy hand didn't help either.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #220
apellica
The Herculoids

I contacted Gaming Heads on the matter. Its gonna take them a few weeks to get it all sorted out because the statue was just released.

We'll have to wait and see what happens....but this first wave seems to be a bad batch from what everyone has been posting thus far.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote