Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #31
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yeah. I guess it comes down to attitude. Do they want to drag it out, getting down to hate, making it nasty or just get it over with.

Ultimately, I'll bet the courts will decide it's a 50/50 thing. She was probably there when the whole business was starting up. She supported his "artistic side" while she put the business together, hired the lawyers, negotiated the contracts, yada yada while Randy did the fun stuff.
A marriage and a business partnership are the same thing. Therefore, mixing daily work with family pleasure can be a real pain.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #32
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
The only thing I dislike about Koto is that it seems that their DC statues are not limited and they are PVC. If they could do a mixture of resin (polystone) and pvc, that would be perfect. They would feel more solid and I don't think that they would lean as much. I have the Zatanna coming soon and I am afraid it is going to start leaning and just look all deformed.
Well, if that happens then Zatanna's name for her secret identity could be "Ilene".
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:18 AM   #33
Teague
Iron Man

Wow, thanks to whoever started this thread...I've been out of collecting statues for a while, and wondered why there wasn't any Bowen product coming out these days. It's ironic, for me personally, because the reason that I went from over 200 Bowens (mini busts and FS statues--about 110 statues, and almost 100 mbs) down to a select few was because of my own divorce. Now Randy's going through something similar? I wish him all the best. Tough road.

I hope Randy is able to keep his company (Rocky gets her share, natch), and goes back to making some of the best Marvel stuff out there. Here's hoping.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:36 PM   #34
CassioSCCP
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Now this is just my opinion... But I don't think koto has anything on bowen. He is just classic perfection in my mind. The best part about bowen was that he was able to pump outso many different statues in so little time. This was the only way you had a prayer of getting your class D character made. Also, I just do not dig pvc. It's almost like owning a toy. Ok, I get it, these are all toys for us folk in some way or another. Koto is just not able to pump out enough different quality dc statues. Here's to bowen getting back on the horse as soon as possible.
I disagree. Bowen statues to me are boring as hell with their museum looks. At least Kotobukiya put the characters in action positions.
CassioSCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #35
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassioSCCP View Post
I disagree. Bowen statues to me are boring as hell with their museum looks. At least Kotobukiya put the characters in action positions.
I agree museum poses are boring, but Bowen did do action statues as well, so do not broadly dismiss all his work.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #36
MrYac
Hercules

I hate action poses, too many variables that can make them look weird to me.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #37
CassioSCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I agree museum poses are boring, but Bowen did do action statues as well, so do not broadly dismiss all his work.
It's not a question of I agree the action poses are better.

But I think Kotobukiya is better in that type of thing.

Compare the Avengers released by both companies and their respective poses.

The Avengers from Kotobukiya reunited are simply amazing as the ones from Bowen seem not to match.

Bowen won when it comes to variety of characters but they fail miserably in choosing the poses.

All their Wolverine for example sucks because they are all standing still and does not transmit movement and aggressiveness.

Their prices are inflated as well. I have pieces from both companies… They are equally in quality and I do not know why Bowen is so much expensive than Kotobukiya.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:55 PM   #38
CassioSCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Depends on the collector I guess. To display properly is an art.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #39
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Don't make me go put a hard ban on all Buggy related merchandise MrYac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassioSCCP View Post
It's not a question of I agree the action poses are better.

But I think Kotobukiya is better in that type of thing.

Compare the Avengers released by both companies and their respective poses.

The Avengers from Kotobukiya reunited are simply amazing as the ones from Bowen seem not to match.

Bowen won when it comes to variety of characters but they fail miserably in choosing the poses.

All their Wolverine for example sucks because they are all standing still and does not transmit movement and aggressiveness.

Their prices are inflated as well. I have pieces from both companies… They are equally in quality and I do not know why Bowen is so much expensive than Kotobukiya.
Eh, the only stuff that really attracted me in Bowen was his great Xmen action stuff, not really a fan of avengers so can't comment on that. I really like most of Koto's xmen too, so I am good on both.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #40
CassioSCCP

The classic and original X-Men released by Bowen were amazing. I have it here in my house. They've done goodwork but it could be better... and less expensive.