Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-20-2017, 12:02 AM   #201
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

So I played dawn of war 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them, haven't played 3, but from what i was reading Gabriel has become halfway between a terminator and a dreadnought now due to the horrific maiming he received apparently. That does explain why he looks so much bigger than a normal terminator does.

But yea, is this ideal for a choice of character for the first statue? no, he's like waaaay down the list for me. I think he's still fing badass looking though, and in the interest of helping ensure there are more made, i'm happy to buy him and cancel some other statues that i don't feel that strongly about that i had on PO.

I look forward to seeing what else they do from warhammer.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #202
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathis View Post
Her is perfect in that he is the ONLY 40k Statue that I know of for the universe currently I guess was my point in LARGE scale. He is for sure not the IDEAL representation of a standard marine.
I just hope they do ANOTHER after is my fear, these kind of licenses are already so small at this kind of collecting and prices. We will see, I was hoping like most for a more standard 40k representation then a specific character as the opening act.

I own a a full IKEA case of Hordes/40k/War-hammer Fantasy pro painted miniatures from MANY professionals and friends that I hold VERY dear to my heart, as they are ALL custom specific for me. I hope Prime 1 comes through with another statue eventually, but I know with the amount of licenses they have we could be waiting a good while.
I mean there's more coming... No need to jump on the first thing available when even another company (HMO) has the license.

Also there are other large scale marines. FW made a 6 incher a while ago:

Also there's a guy who used to (or still does?) make 1/6 space marine figures.

So there are both existing and future representations, and I can't imagine what's coming won't be better then this ;p

Hell even Silver Fox (former Syco collectibles, so take your money and run guys :P) did something I like better. And their other collectibles shown so far are abysmal (mike tyson, derp t-rex, and someone failing at cosplaying snake plisken)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I saw on the facebook group that they are going to do another statue in this line. But there was no mentions of what it is going to be
Hopefully still a SOB, or at least not dow III.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #203
KELPIE
New Republic

I agree with the issues of this line...

I'll realistically look at anything Dark Angels, however I probably won't be interested in anything else, especially at this size and price point.

It really is an odd choice though.

Surely, if there was ever a line that people would welcome variants, this is it. Put out a space marine with 4 or 5 switch out options (arms / weapons / heads), and release them painted up in various chapters.

Minimum effort, for maximum monies. Heck some people might buy multiples and thanks to the switch outs they won't all look the same.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #204
dao2
Cyclops

that's assuming there's enough to buy just some of one chapter, making 100 of a few different chapters isn't great for p1 ><
Old 08-21-2017, 12:53 AM   #205
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
that's assuming there's enough to buy just some of one chapter, making 100 of a few different chapters isn't great for p1 ><
Too many space marine collectors...
I like good adeptus astartes as much as the next guy, but there are so many other good factions in War40k that are as badass or more badass than space marines. orks, tyranids, eldar, IG, necron, chaos, tau, adeptus sororitas, ordo hereticus, chamber millitant of ordo malleus etc.

but yea space marines will likely be all that gets made cause that's what makes up 80% of War40k players, vanilla marines players.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:30 AM   #206
dao2
Cyclops

well the first think they showed was a sob so I dunno about that :P
Old 08-21-2017, 03:21 AM   #207
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just want a Awesome Chaos Terminator with switch out mutant parts! I always had a thing for the tainted marine side of things.

We will see what is next, it still is a really beautiful statue, just not what I wanted to represent the universe.

I think everyone is right though, the world has a LOT of stuff to make, so it will be tough to satisfy everyone in one shot.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:23 AM   #208
dao2
Cyclops

Well doing Big E himself and Horus or Abaddon would satisfy a lot of people ;p

Custodes are also pretty well liked all around the board I think, same for the Black Templars.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #209
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well doing Big E himself and Horus or Abaddon would satisfy a lot of people ;p

Custodes are also pretty well liked all around the board I think, same for the Black Templars.

That's the strength of 40k - it has so much cool stuff. Also the problem when it comes to making high end statues. I am just hoping HMO's 1/6 line will be awesome. I love 1/6 a lot more tha 1/4.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #210
chev327fox
Frackin!

He is up for order now (PRIME 1 Angelos)... all 350 of them at $1,500 a pop. Way out of my range

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...istributednews
chev327fox is offline   Reply With Quote