Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-12-2022, 08:49 PM   #131
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I'm seeing this tonight...if its more slapstick than Ragnarok I dont think im going to like it a whole lot but we'll see...Ragnarok at least had Cate Blanchett as Hela which made it worthwhile overall IMO but the comedy ruined any form of impact, like jokes being made right after Asgard is destroyed
I wish you luck, looking forward to hearing your thoughts?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #132
Mister H
Green Goblin

Im never going to watch this POS but I’d like to read a comparison between this and Batman and Robin. Both seem like the same type of movie.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:55 PM   #133
SONICobra
Batman

It’s better than Batman and robin, that was just a Saturday morning toy commercial. This has giant screaming goats, so it has the edge
Old 07-13-2022, 01:13 AM   #134
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I'm seeing this tonight...if its more slapstick than Ragnarok I dont think im going to like it a whole lot but we'll see...Ragnarok at least had Cate Blanchett as Hela which made it worthwhile overall IMO but the comedy ruined any form of impact, like jokes being made right after Asgard is destroyed
Brace yourself hard then. There's more comedy, excuse me, attempts at comedy than Ragnarok, and none of it's funny......at all.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 01:12 PM   #135
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The jokes in Love and Thunder are not funny, at all.
agreed, and the full audience I was with seemed to agree, some people were laughing at the incredibly annoying screaming goats which I didnt understand, but nobody laughed much at anything else. Only time I laughed is when Thor said that Sif's arm was in Valhalla lol that was good

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Brace yourself hard then. There's more comedy, excuse me, attempts at comedy than Ragnarok, and none of it's funny......at all.
yes sadly, this movie took the slapstick up to levels even I wasn't anticipating, much more cringe than Ragnarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I wish you luck, looking forward to hearing your thoughts?
overall I thought it was pretty weak, whenever they tried to have a serious moment it was always immediately after a silly cringe moment, and the constant sudden change in tone was very jarring for me. The Zeus part was just ridiculous, I can't believe Russell Crowe even agreed to take that role. One of the best parts for me was when I thought Korg
Spoiler
actually died, I let out a sigh of relief as I thought this would be the end of this terribly annoying and useless character, but then of course he actually wasn't dead, and ended up being even more annoying as only a face, which I didnt think was possible
The action also felt flat and uninteresting, and Gorr was not that great at all. I blame the success of the silly tone of GOTG for marvel ever letting Taika do these Thor movies, but honestly I think Taika is overrated, he wasn't even trying to make a Thor movie, he was just making a Taika movie, I hope marvel doesnt use him again in the future and im very afraid for the star wars movie he'll be making, this movie made Dark World look like a masterpiece (I personally like Dark World though, and never understood the hate it gets from fans)

I'd probably rate love and thunder, to me, as the third worst marvel movie, after eternals and shang-chi (shang-chi was probably a better movie overall I just dont like the character at all, eternals i've never liked either in the comics and the movie sucked)
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:39 PM   #136
SONICobra
Batman

yeah its defnitely bottom three, worse than ragnarok and floating around IM3 territory. i couldnt finish eternals so i guess i would put that at the bottom
Old 07-13-2022, 05:43 PM   #137
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I also think it's a bottom three MCU movie with only Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk below it. I'd rewatch Eternals before Love and Thunder. And Iron Man 3 is a masterpiece compared to this.
ParisDean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:25 PM   #138
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Too many mixed reviews and previews that look lame. Wait for D+ in 45 days and check it out then
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:12 PM   #139
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah its defnitely bottom three, worse than ragnarok and floating around IM3 territory. i couldnt finish eternals so i guess i would put that at the bottom
The Ragnarok movie?s themes of family and loss kept it from being a full scale train wreck for me. Overall, it was a bad, but not horrendous, film. I?m with you on IM3 and Eternals, both horrendously bad. I?m in the minority on GOTG and GOTG2, both of which I also couldn?t stand.

If Love and Thunder scrapes the bottom for me, along along with IM3, Eternals and the two GOTG movie, I may walk out before it ends.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 10:43 PM   #140
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
The Ragnarok movie?s themes of family and loss kept it from being a full scale train wreck for me. Overall, it was a bad, but not horrendous, film. I?m with you on IM3 and Eternals, both horrendously bad. I?m in the minority on GOTG and GOTG2, both of which I also couldn?t stand.

If Love and Thunder scrapes the bottom for me, along along with IM3, Eternals and the two GOTG movie, I may walk out before it ends.
We have some similar film tastes. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on this Joe
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote