Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-16-2020, 04:09 PM   #7221
Python
Omega Red

I picked this set up recently, I like them!

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:11 PM   #7222
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, Those are really nice!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #7223
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Nobody collects posters anymore?
Wouldnt say I ever collected but I dip my toes in the market every now and then when I feel a piece is too good to pass on and I have wall space.

Ive actually been shopping around for city sketch prints for my living room.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:54 AM   #7224
Python
Omega Red

This one is probably my favorite print, "Alien" by Gary Pullin. I did post it in the framed thread...

I have Oliver Barrett's Predator up in a similar fashion. I wasn't sure I loved this from pictures online, but I took a gamble and I'm happy I did as in person it is nice, especially as part of a display.

Old 05-17-2020, 03:09 AM   #7225
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW, Those are really nice!

Yeah they really are aren't they, it's John Guydo's set, I'm not sure why I didn't buy them when they were up at Bottleneck tbh. I did my usual trick and had to pay a lot more from a third party. I'm thinking of getting black frames with a black mount for them. I'm hardly an art collector, nor do I really have any real focus, although It's mostly Aliens, Predators and star wars (With loads of aircraft thrown in for good measure, my other love) I just buy the odd print that grabs my attention. I also haven't got most of mine up on the wall yet, I've spent the last three years doing up the house, but I am now ready to start mounting them once the frame place I use opens up again.

Along with the Star Wars set above, I have these to frame up, these are just the higher end ones, I do have a few more also, and I have the new Boba Fett -Dead or alive (Jerry Vanderstelt) coming in a black frame from Sideshow....

Florey - Predator.

Florey - Alien.

Matt Fergusson - Predator 2 (Reg & Variant)

Alien covenant - Acme archives

Mark Englert - Should we take a look inside (Glow in the dark)

Old 07-11-2020, 12:37 AM   #7226
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Why do they make the film credits so small on the mondo posters? I mean what's the point in even putting them on the poster if you can barely read them?
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:48 AM   #7227
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Why do they make the film credits so small on the mondo posters? I mean what's the point in even putting them on the poster if you can barely read them?
Credits vary greatly depending on the artist and what overall aesthetic they’re trying to achieve. Not every artist is going for the traditional movie poster look and Mondo posters are far from uniform in their offerings.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:43 PM   #7228
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

I too long stopped collecting posters. I only framed 2 Englert prints and realized most of what I have I'd never be able to frame and display so I just stopped. I noticed I was collecting art I liked for movies/properties I dug but they weren't all things I feel I absolutely needed on my wall. I recently bought a poster from expressobeans and I'm waiting for it to ship. It's the most recent poster I've bought in 5 years but this time I plan to frame it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I finished my review and as I suspected, most of the posters were reprints (even though they were in great condition). I have a few double sided posters but I don't think they are worth much based on a quick eBay search. Finally, I found the rare Spider-Man Advance Twin Towers poster below. At first, I thought it was the original version since it is double sided, but after some research I don't think it is anymore.
I have a bunch of gigantic spiderman 1 posters. They are printed on some heavy duty thick ass paper. I think they are posters meant for actual movie theaters inside the theater. I don't know if I ever be able to frame any of those. I got them all for free from one of my friends dad's when I was a kid.
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:55 PM   #7229
Python
Omega Red

Just made an impulse purchase, happened to see this about 5 minutes before it went up on Bottleneck. They sold out pretty quickly, I don't have any Terminator prints so this will do nicely. I was torn between this and th Black & white variant, but I think the regular is the best looking over all...

Pablo Olivera "Skynet"
Old 07-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #7230
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Was able to score this one yesterday. Been a long time since I hit the refresh button during a drop but I really wanted this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26F885B4-0FD4-4B4C-BF49-A778C1550E05.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	131853  
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote