Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 05-13-2020, 10:34 PM   #1
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Question Bowen Hulk paint Issues?

I remember when this came out a lot of people here were complaining that the paints came out not looking so great. Anyone remember that? Wondering what the specific issue was and if it affected all or just some of the pieces. Anyone remember?

Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I remember when this came out a lot of people here were complaining that the paints came out not looking so great. Anyone remember that? Wondering what the specific issue was and if it affected all or just some of the pieces. Anyone remember?

Nice piece. Many considered this to be the best Bowen Hulk. Not me, my pick is Classic Green Hulk.

Anyway the only thing I remember is on the face where his hair meets his forehead there was strange variation in green paint. It was a couple different shades and in some pics it’s looked kinda obvious with zoomed-in photos of the face. Overall when on display my opinion it’s minor but that was the only paint issue I recall with this beautiful statue.

Either way if you pick it up you won’t regret it (if you don’t have it already)
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I love mine and don't recall any paint issues

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
MKS
Nightwing

I think this is the best Hulk statue out there period. Mine has no paint issues at all - love it!
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

other than a sloppy paint job (which the Blue and Yellow Goliath statue had some issues with) the only other Bowen Statues that had paint issues that I am aware of were the first Bowen Daredevil and Black Widow statues and the paint on the statue bases were chipping off somewhat.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:20 AM   #6
aaronica
The Avengers

it i remember correctly, there are some issues near the hair line but it is not major
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:49 PM   #7
Marts
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I love my faux bronze version of this Hulk. I've only had paint issues with X Factor Cyclops which started flaking, and is in the shop for a repaint .
Marts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:14 AM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I have this one. No paint issues.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:44 PM   #9
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I ended up taking the plunge and bought one off Ebay. Mine doesn't have the hairline issue but that really weird intense green, while not in the hairline, does exist in other random spots on his face and in strange places that look like it was thoughtlessly applied.

It's really odd, like, how does that happen? did they have sight-impaired person doing it? lol. And what's with the hue? Any painters here know what it is and why they'd use a funky color like this to begin with? It's not the same darker green that they used for the contouring elsewhere. It looks like an accidental color. Otherwise the colors look good. The main green they used and the darker contouring green look nice. Have to say that the couple small spots of the funky green on the face really doesn't spoil or ruin the coolness of this piece. It's still killer and was worth the purchase
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:43 AM   #10
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I also wonder that since this Hulk statue came out 20 years ago if the paint used then would be different from what would be used now. Also, some people who are selling there statues on eBay might not be taking care of them or dusting them or they are in a smoke filled room, all of which can damage a statue.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote