Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #191
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Hey you enjoy your garbage with ugly ugly inaccurate spider symbol and 3 ugly ass portraits and I’ll enjoy mine
You enjoy your crippled about to have a stroke OG Venom and your other chimpanzee one while I enjoy the BEST 1/4 Venom on the market
The fact that you like the recent chimpanzee venom, and saying XM is inaccurate is just unreal hahhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I feel like Sideshow just can't get Venom right. THE CQ is a nice sculpt but the pose looks awkward. I don't like the new one at all, although I remember Igo posted some WIPs of it and it looked much better without that oatmeal texture.

My favorite is still the XM. It's got the best proportions and McFarlane portrait out there by far. Its size and pose gives you the impression of a threatening being that others really don't.

Gary, now you have a good taste my friend, but we already know that
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #192
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
You enjoy your crippled about to have a stroke OG Venom and your other chimpanzee one while I enjoy the BEST 1/4 Venom on the market
The fact that you like the recent chimpanzee venom, and saying XM is inaccurate is just unreal hahhaha
How is it unreal? Look at any Venom comic book and you can see the symbol is inaccurate. Find me a Venom depiction that has that variation of the spider symbol and I'll gladly eat crow.

Hey its a two way street. Feel free to call what I like "garbage" don't get so butt hurt and defensive when someone doesn't like the XM version.

I'll say it again...inaccurate. Completely ruins the piece.

Here is XM's superior and totally awesome Venom
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:37 PM   #193
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Ya the comiquette is still on my top fav venom's, and the fact that people are still buying him over retail says he's still a grail. Still was bummed when i decided to sell him.
Yup. Still the top for me too. He pretty much is the statue that got me on the road to collecting.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #194
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
How is it unreal? Look at any Venom comic book and you can see the symbol is inaccurate. Find me a Venom depiction that has that variation of the spider symbol and I'll gladly eat crow.

Hey its a two way street. Feel free to call what I like "garbage" don't get so butt hurt and defensive when someone doesn't like the XM version.

I'll say it again...inaccurate. Completely ruins the piece.

Here is XM's superior and totally awesome Venom
You were the one who started commenting on my pic and talking about the logo where the main point was the head, and got butthurt with my garbage comment not me lol...and yes, I'm going to keep displaying the back of Venom instead of the front lol

and by your logic, the newest Venom PF is a comic accurate with all the textures and monkey like pose? lol

that xm venom bust is not to my liking, but again you like it then good for you
Old 05-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #195
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
You were the one who started commenting on my pic, and got butthurt with my garbage comment not me lol

and by your logic, the newest Venom PF is a comic accurate with all the textures and monkey like pose? lol

that xm venom bust is not to my liking, but again you like it then good for you
I called XM's Venom inaccurate (which is 100% true), I didn't insult it until you went there.
You started with the "garbage" and disrespectful comments. Now it's "stroke" "monkey" ....."I have the best Venom." I'm sure you can do better.
And I commented on XM's face because you said it was superior to Sideshow's because you couldn't stand the over-extended jaw. I merely pointed out that Venom has been depicted often with an over-extended jaw.

Here you go Mcfarlane Venom was quite monkey/gorilla like. So yeah it is more accurate compared with XM's ugly and inaccurate symbol.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #196
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
You've got some issues. They're just statues of comic book characters. God.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #197
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Hey feel free to critique what I like. But you started with the "garbage" comments. Now it's "stroke" "monkey" ....."I have the best Venom." I'm sure you can do better.

Here you go Mcfarlane Venom was quite monkey/gorilla like. So yeah it is more accurate compared with XM's ugly and inaccurate symbol.
There was no reason in the 1st place to talk about the inaccuracy of the XM or whatever junk you believe in since the main point was how ugly is the new SS classic venom head.

You provided tons of pics on the over extended jaw as in "it's in the comics, then it's accurate" which all of these images still look ugly lol. I hate to break it to you, but not every single image in comics translates well in a statue form, and my main point still stands that this exclusive head sucks.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #198
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
You've got some issues. They're just statues of comic book characters. God.
I'm the one with issues? haha

Yes, they are just statues that cost tons of money and people get offended when you take a jab at the ones they own where I do not remember asking anyone's opinion about the XM's Venom....that's the reason I replied to him in the with my sarcastic comment in the 1st place.

Done talking about this.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #199
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
There was no reason in the 1st place to talk about the inaccuracy of the XM or whatever junk you believe in since the main point was how ugly is the new SS classic venom head.

You provided tons of pics on the over extended jaw as in "it's in the comics, then it's accurate" which all of these images still look ugly lol. I hate to break it to you, but not every single image in comics translates well in a statue form, and my main point still stands that this exclusive head sucks.
Of course there was. You pointed out that you like the XM version better compared with the Sideshow one. I said I did not like it and pointed out two reasons why. You think the over protruded jaw is wrong...I mention the symbol is wrong on XM’s. See why I brought it up?

And who appointed you statue critic with final say? You think it is ugly(no problem at all, that is fine), I think it is comic accurate and looks great. And somehow you think my opinion is wrong. Because “you have the best Venom on the market.” What are you five?
Old 05-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #200
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I'm the one with issues? haha

Yes, they are just statues that cost tons of money and people get offended when you take a jab at the ones they own where I do not remember asking anyone's opinion about the XM's Venom....that's the reason I replied to him in the with my sarcastic comment in the 1st place.

Done talking about this.
Yup run away because you don’t have any good points to counter with. You don’t remember asking anyone’s opinion on XM Venom? Did you forget you were posting on a discussion board?

If that’s your argument who asked you to bring up XM in a Sideshow post.