Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #11
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal
Is anyone here actually using this one? I'd like to hear what you have to say if you are.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #12
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Is anyone here actually using this one? I'd like to hear what you have to say if you are.
I have seen many people who use this program but I never got to ask them if they like it. It got good reviews over on the afterdawn forum.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/181089

but that is pretty much all I can find.
rosko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #13
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

intervocative is actually dvdprofiler dunno what happened namechange or takeover I used to frequent a couple of dvdfora and everyone used dvdprofiler and they still do... I don't think you can go wrong with that one.
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #14
yorick
The Herculoids

What's wrong with just opening a Word document (or Excel if you prefer)and typing in the name of the DVD?

It's labor intensive the first time, but easy to keep up--and best of all you probably already have it on your pc. Just a thought (it's what I do with everything--DVDs, CDs, Books, Statues, Comics, etc.)
yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #15
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Or do a spreadsheet in Excel!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #16
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick
What's wrong with just opening a Word document (or Excel if you prefer)and typing in the name of the DVD?

It's labor intensive the first time, but easy to keep up--and best of all you probably already have it on your pc. Just a thought (it's what I do with everything--DVDs, CDs, Books, Statues, Comics, etc.)
That is what I started to do, but I got Special Editions of movies, so it becomes confusing. I also had a database created in MS Access, but that just became a to drawn out. The programs out there also keep track if you borrow a movie out to someone, which was a problem for me. Another thing is that all you have to do is put in the UPC code and everything gets entered automatically over the web. Or put the DVD in the drive. Lastly my main reason is when someone comes over and wants to see something it is easier to look at the database created with a short summary of the movie. Rather than looking at the back of each case or looking at the names of the DVDs in an Excel spreadsheet.
rosko23 is offline   Reply With Quote