Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #81
darkeyes
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Oh boy, oh boy, a new Poison Ivy statue for the collection. Here is a little picture review of the new Yamato Ivy.

The box art has Ivy on the front and some of Yamato's other offerings on the back.

The packaging is very good, should be no risk of breakage. The statue is in six pieces. The statue, base, and four vines. The vines and holes on the base are numbered, but may be difficult to see.

She comes with an art print, certificate (this is 234 of 2500), and a name plate.

darkeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #82
darkeyes

There is one peg on the front foot, and the rear foot sets into a small depression. It may be difficult to position her at first until you see the holes.

And here is a group of green.

Here is a little blog I put together of my Poison Ivy collection, thanks for looking!:

http://poisonivycollection.blogspot....blog-post.html
Old 04-13-2016, 03:28 AM   #83
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Your photos make this statue seem much more attractive than the Yamato ones. From their publicity you'd believe the legs are moulded as one, obviously not the case from your photos.

Glad you like it.

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:38 AM   #84
darkeyes

I think this is one of those rare times the production statue looks better than the prototype. Her pose is rather strange, it looks like she is about to take a dive forward, but I do like the overall piece.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #85
jeffyamatousa
Producer
Producer

Poison Ivy

@Darkeyes

Are you a professional photographer because the photos you took of our Poison Ivy looks amazing. I wanted to ask if you don't mind me sharing the last photo you took with several different Poison ivy on our Facebook? Please let me know.

By the way she looks beautiful.
jeffyamatousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #86
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardandtracy View Post
Your photos make this statue seem much more attractive than the Yamato ones. From their publicity you'd believe the legs are moulded as one, obviously not the case from your photos.

Glad you like it.

Regards,

Richard.
Agreed. The uni-leg is gone.
I am going to do a 180. I really like the piece from the neck down. At first I HATED the costume. It definitely could have been done better, closer to the art. It looks good up close. I still can't get past the face and hair. These pics are great. I LOVE the base. Too bad, I sold my Harley now, since I didn't like the look of the piece from retail photos. Oh well.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #87
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Here is a little blog I put together of my Poison Ivy collection, thanks for looking!:

http://poisonivycollection.blogspot....blog-post.html
No premium format?
The Adam Hughes and Bishoujo still own.

And why does sideshow have Catwoman back up for pre-order? Are more of these being made?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #88
darkeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyamatousa View Post
@Darkeyes

Are you a professional photographer because the photos you took of our Poison Ivy looks amazing. I wanted to ask if you don't mind me sharing the last photo you took with several different Poison ivy on our Facebook? Please let me know.

By the way she looks beautiful.
Oh, thanks, actually far from it. I just use an old Canon A610. I did set up a photography tent using PVC to build the frame and draping it with a white sheet to photograph the Ivy’s for the blog I put together. Helps diffuse the light. I also set the camera on manual and changed the ISO to 400 to reduce blurring. I usually take like 10-15 pictures of each pose and pick out the best one lol. Oh, and feel free to use any of those anytime!
Old 04-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #89
darkeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
No premium format?
The Adam Hughes and Bishoujo still own.

And why does sideshow have Catwoman back up for pre-order? Are more of these being made?
Oh yeah, I have both PFs. They are under the 'statue' section. Hoping I can get my hands on the XM Studio one when they release it.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:49 PM   #90
jeffyamatousa
Producer
Producer

Cat Woman is being reproduced

Hello Everyone

Those who are asking for Cat woman Normal Version it is being reproduce which will be our last production run. Date of release is TBA.
jeffyamatousa is offline   Reply With Quote