Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #6051
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Howdy y'all,

Just wanted to acknowledge Jerry Macaluso as a visionary, and apparently a trend setter (Like we didn't already know that)

What am I talking about you ask? Well.... I'm sure most of the avid statue collectors have noticed the recent, ongoing trend of SideShow basing their female PFs off of the incredible Artwork of Artgerm!

The PFs look phenomenal, just like his artwork.

So, I was thinking about my favorite lady sculpt. The beautiful (repainted) Chun Li PF, when I realized she too is based off of Artgerm's work!

So I just wanted to thank Jerry, not only for an awesome Chun PF, but ushering in an era of stunning PF's based on his artwork. (Power Girl ftw!)
Is this picture ArtGerms work too?? I love his art style and love my chunners, Jerry fixed our eyes little less than a year ago and now my Chun-Li's are perfect! I have the red and blue didn't get the black as i liked her in the red and blue…. And one day i will own the pink chin li variant it may cost me thousands but if i ever have chance to own it i will

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #6052
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Is this picture ArtGerms work too?? I love his art style and love my chunners, Jerry fixed our eyes little less than a year ago and now my Chun-Li's are perfect! I have the red and blue didn't get the black as i liked her in the red and blue…. And one day i will own the pink chin li variant it may cost me thousands but if i ever have chance to own it i will

Sarah
Hey Sarah,

Yes ma'am, that picture is the art on which the Chun Li PF was based, and is done by none other than Artgerm.

So a print of that art would display beautifully with the statues (and with Harley, Ivy, Catwoman, Power Girl etc, etc, if you were doing prints for any of those ladies.) Congrats on having your Chun's eyes and makeup fixed.

I had mine done right when she released. Couldn't bare to look at her until she came back from Jerry's!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:13 PM   #6053
hennie286
Frackin!

I Want to buy a red or blue chunli not repainted. Is there a difference in the eyes? I saw on YouTube that the red is worse. Can you live with the eyes if your not so critical and don't look at it at 5inch distance?
hennie286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:15 PM   #6054
vhernandez3242
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennie286 View Post
I Want to buy a red or blue chunli not repainted. Is there a difference in the eyes? I saw on YouTube that the red is worse. Can you live with the eyes if your not so critical and don't look at it at 5inch distance?
I just bought one and I would STRONGLY advise that you wait for one that was corrected. that lazy eye looks horrible.

I didn't have to wait too long to find the right one 8)
vhernandez3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:39 PM   #6055
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Would you prefer buying this version of her instead..She is gorgeous IMO though...
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.png
Views:	293
Size:	515.3 KB
ID:	116758

If so ,you can pick her up for a great price at either Sideshow or BBTS. She is all polystone, no fabric.

But she is 17" tall according to the info on sideshow website..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...shock-9036771/

You can get free shipping on her as well.
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:08 PM   #6056
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Why not get the 1/3 Chun Li or wait for ultra line or even the new 1/6. I’ll be honest those old sf statues are vastly outdated. It’s not only the eyes that bothered me, her fabric looks cheap especially the legging and her skin tone is terrible. Almost Indian looking skin wise than Chinese. I can’t beleive people used to hype these old pieces up even if PCS was the one doing the best sf at the time the prices people were paying comparing products from other companies was just mind blowing.

Glad market corrected itself on these pieces.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:54 AM   #6057
hennie286
Frackin!

Thank you all, I must say that I really like the old statues with musea pose. Balrog is my favorite statue, and I have zangief ultra and akuma 1/3. Red Chunli is really cheap now and I like the pose and fabric. Chunli 1/3 is 5times more expensive. The only thing that could bother me is the googly eyes. If I can pose chunli without noticing these eyes I am happy. She is not my most important piece, but I want the 12 world warriors and they must be 1/4.
hennie286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:57 AM   #6058
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Would you prefer buying this version of her instead..She is gorgeous IMO though...
Attachment 116758

If so ,you can pick her up for a great price at either Sideshow or BBTS. She is all polystone, no fabric.

But she is 17" tall according to the info on sideshow website..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...shock-9036771/

You can get free shipping on her as well.
Too bad the production piece arrived using a much darker blue than the prototype.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #6059
Giusey
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Just go for it! And a blue one
You won’t see a huge difference if you are not looking at it very very close. Mixed media is cool and she has got wires in her hair bands just like OG Ryu so you can adjust them as you want
Such a great feeling having the 12 WW
Giusey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:09 AM   #6060
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Too bad the production piece arrived using a much darker blue than the prototype.

That's fine with me, since I happen to like that darker shade of blue
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote