Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #481
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Nice, yours looks better for sure, less tilt or something.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #482
bforce
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
A shipper box is there to take damage and protect the contents surely? I appreciate these things cost a fortune and we all want them to arrive perfect, but I honestly don't mind dents in a shipper. When my SSC Engineer arrived, there was a huge whole in the shipper and art box right where his face was on the art work. That was annoying but the statue itself was perfect so it wasn't really a problem. I'd rather the outer box wasn't damaged of course but I haven't looked at the box since so it's a non issue really. I guess we all look at these things differently however, I can see why it may have tarnished your enjoyment a bit so I am sorry for that.

I know I'm being fussy - but....

I have no issue if the shipper is damaged and does it's job. In this case it didn't (due to lack of care of the transport company). This is an issue for the local distributor to take up with their transport company. The item (including inner artwork box - which to me is part of the overall product) inside the shipper box should not be damaged. I should not be penalised for someone's lack of care (the transport company has a duty of care) especially given the items price (or any items for that matter). An exchange of product, box etc. should be offered - any losses can be pursued by the distributor towards the transport company once returned. It now doesn't function as advertised as it is not considered new. I guess this stuff happens when you sub contract to the lowest bidder. Hell if I didn't offer solutions in my business to solve client issues when they arise, I would be out of business quick smart. So hopefully an agreed resolution can be found.

Anyway thanks all for your replies - just wish I could open the poly etc. and set ED-209 up - but am not going to until the matter is dealt with.
bforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #483
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Bfroce, I think your box is the first that I've heard of that had an actual puncture through the outer shipping box. I think with Cain we had two outer boxes damaged to the point that it cut the inner box as well. This was fork lift damage at the port. We don't sell these with the inner box damaged.

That being said I didn't hear from anyone that had an inner box damaged. We pay extra for a very heavy double walled outer shipping box. Your post must have been very rough on this guy.

Was the product in mint condition?

Nidgit, sooooo glad you are happy with ED-209, as soon as our shipment arrives I'll post a quick video showing the minor changes needed.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #484
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Good luck bforce. We all deserve an acceptable piece and that includes the packaging. Dents and such will happen but major damage like a crushed or torn up box with holes in it is unacceptable especially at this price point. Hopefully your retailer can sort it out for you.

Congrats Nidgit! ED is looking great!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #485
thx217
Ultimates

Awesome. Thanks for the pics, Nidgit.

Chronicle gotta offer a version that's not weathered though. The weathering on Cain and ED are too heavy handed and that take the awesomeness away a bit...
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #486
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hmm... I don't see it.. the weathering on ED looks dead-on in every pic I've seen. I haven't seen a single image of ED where it looked too heavy in any stretch of the imagination. :/
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:30 PM   #487
Animachina
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the pics, Nidgit.

Chronicle gotta offer a version that's not weathered though. The weathering on Cain and ED are too heavy handed and that take the awesomeness away a bit...
Have to agree here.

I understand the idea of being as accurate to the existing, screen used puppet as possible, but there are 2 big problems with this when it comes to the weathering.

1. It will most often be the MOST weathered and beaten version because that's how it ended up at the end of the film. An "as first seen" version would be awesome.

2. The detail and attention put into weathering the prototype is pretty much impossible to recreate from a manufacturing point of view.

I only have Cain right now, and although a masterpiece in almost every way, the heavy handed, very painted looking weathering and faded or painted over decals are a little disappointing.
Animachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #488
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hmm.. I know early on Paul had mentioned they chose to go with the battle-worn look from the later scenes for the weathering on Cain.

My Cain is coming in the second batch so I can't speak from personal experience as far as how it looks in person, but I haven't seen any pictures that made me think it looks bad in any way.

I get some might prefer a super clean, brand new look. I've seen someone even repaint and mod Cain to look that way.. I personally don't like that look at all. From what I remember, Cain never looked super clean like that. :/

As far as ED... I really don't see an issue with too much weathering.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #489
Animachina
Adamantium Plus Member

It really comes down to personal taste. And again, there is nothing BAD about how he looks or the weathering. I like customizing pieces anyway, so starting with a clean one and adding some weathering myself is just something I'd prefer to do.
Animachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:04 PM   #490
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animachina View Post
Have to agree here.

I understand the idea of being as accurate to the existing, screen used puppet as possible, but there are 2 big problems with this when it comes to the weathering.

1. It will most often be the MOST weathered and beaten version because that's how it ended up at the end of the film. An "as first seen" version would be awesome.

2. The detail and attention put into weathering the prototype is pretty much impossible to recreate from a manufacturing point of view.

I only have Cain right now, and although a masterpiece in almost every way, the heavy handed, very painted looking weathering and faded or painted over decals are a little disappointing.

Messy weathering surely ruin details.
I can wait to get my ED-209, I hope the manufacturer didn't overdone it like Cain.
Congratulation Nidgit, yours looks awesome
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote