Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-08-2015, 11:56 PM   #151
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I was wondering why this page was stuck at the top....now I know why. They were better selling these unpainted, or just not selling them at all. A ghetto made statue, no doubt. Gross.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:29 AM   #152
iceprince_x
Deadman

If Dynamite would follow the lead of CS Moore, Aspen and even XM Studios, they will swallow this mistake, recall everything and redo it to prove to everyone that they mean business and they want to prove their commitment to this line.
CS Moore did this with their Aphrodite XI variant issue and for Aspen their Kiani base, XM that sometimes throw an entire made statue part because of a bad mould process that resulted into holes or sub-par parts.
I believe if they want to redeem themselves they are not too late yet. They will not only gain our respect but they will be able to secure at least 300 loyal customers for the line alone.
Its a pity if they wont though...they have such beautiful and strong fan-based characters.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #153
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Just opened mine. Worst statue of the year for sure. No replacement will do as I'm sure the entire line is trash (after checking forums). I hope this hits the company in the wallet, a little QC PLEASE. I feel ripped off. I wouldn't pay 10.00 for this at a garage sale.

[/URL]

This will be the first and last Dynamite statue I'll ever purchase.
Sorry to hear that my man. The poor paint app seems to be standard across the board.

Dynamite...shame on you. We expect better.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #154
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Just opened mine. Worst statue of the year for sure. No replacement will do as I'm sure the entire line is trash (after checking forums). I hope this hits the company in the wallet, a little QC PLEASE. I feel ripped off. I wouldn't pay 10.00 for this at a garage sale.

This will be the first and last Dynamite statue I'll ever purchase.
to even talk money is very generous of you for this piece. me? i won't accept it even if it's free since it will be only a piece of trash to throw in the garbage.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #155
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Huge disappointment

Just received this Dynamite Vampirella from BBTS.
Was excited to get it out of the box and display it after all this was the first of a new line so I was sure extra care would be give for the first of the line. WRONG!!

Right out of the gate something didn't feel right. The box itself was so light I actually suspected it was empty. Extraordinarily light. It wasn't.

The box art, nothing special. I got the statue out and at first glance it seemed ok. The sculpt itself I felt was mediocre at best but the real killer was the paint! No attention paid to details or edges between colours. A mess! Kinda made me think maybe done by a 6 year old in a child labor factory in China perhaps. No quality control whatsoever.

I expected more for what it ended up costing me, $320 after shipping, currency exchange, customs charges and Canada Post even got in on the action charging an additional $9.95 in handling fees.

With that kind of quality control in their production, I immediately cancelled my Jungle Girl pre-order. For that kind of money I expect more. I will not be putting this one on display.
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #156
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post
Just received this Dynamite Vampirella from BBTS.
Was excited to get it out of the box and display it after all this was the first of a new line so I was sure extra care would be give for the first of the line. WRONG!!

Right out of the gate something didn't feel right. The box itself was so light I actually suspected it was empty. Extraordinarily light. It wasn't.

The box art, nothing special. I got the statue out and at first glance it seemed ok. The sculpt itself I felt was mediocre at best but the real killer was the paint! No attention paid to details or edges between colours. A mess! Kinda made me think maybe done by a 6 year old in a child labor factory in China perhaps. No quality control whatsoever.

I expected more for what it ended up costing me, $320 after shipping, currency exchange, customs charges and Canada Post even got in on the action charging an additional $9.95 in handling fees.

With that kind of quality control in their production, I immediately cancelled my Jungle Girl pre-order. For that kind of money I expect more. I will not be putting this one on display.
$320?! $80 more and that's pretty much basic SSC Premium Format range
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #157
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
I know! The low Canadian dollar REALLY has a huge impact on the costs of this hobby. It's always a gamble ordering from the US with the inconsistent way Canada Post handles things. Sometimes the will stop it and apply all the customs charges and tack on their own fees and yet other times they just let it slide through with no charges. There is no rhyme or reason in how they operate. This one however really hit hard because not only did it turn out to be a super expensive gamble but the statue itself SUCKS as a final kick to the groin!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #158
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
I should note though that I do see it hear at the LCS and it is priced at $299 (taxes included). A little cheaper but still way to expensive for what it is poor quality or not.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #159
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post

Sorry to hear that my man. Are you considering getting a refund since you won't display it?

Seriously, Dynamite needs to get their heads outta the sand and formally acknowledge this complete blunder on their website, then pull the statues from retailers, and offer full refunds for anyone gullible enough to buy this overpriced flea market junk.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #160
Nick Dynamite
Producer
Producer

Vampirella Statue

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed response, but I wanted to be the person responding as you, the fans, deserve better. The Vampirella Statue, as you have pointed out, has pieces of the run with these incredible flaws in them. While we're trying to figure out what happened, we're having the factory recast statues based on the damages we've seen. Every stage of our production samples had the highest quality when we went through approvals.

What we will be doing is this. The factory is reproducing more statues. These are currently being produced. They will have someone inspect every single one. Then, for those of you who kept your statues, we will offer to replace the statues. What we will ask you to do is to send the head of your Vampirella statue and your certificate so that we can then send you a replacement. Being that the manufacturing is in China, and we want zero tolerance on the quality, these will probably ship from the factory in late October. We'll know more in the next month or so of when we should be receiving.

We have to go this route as the statues are sold out from Dynamite.

We're really sorry about this. Everyone at Dynamite and Georg's team are fans, and we are sick to our stomachs that this happened.

This is not what Dynamite nor The Brewing Factory expected to happen. Not in our wildest dreams.

The only thing positive thing I can say is that we will have learned from this and will ensure the factories adjusts everything or move to another factory.

Right now, the Purgatori statue is being inspected far more closely as it's about to be painted as is the Jungle Girl.

Again, I'm sorry. This should not have happened, but we will be fixing for those who are patient and are willing. Those who are not, we fully understand. Regardless of this being a factory error or not, we dropped the ball.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly with any further questions - nick.barrucci@dynamite.com

sincerely,

Nick
CEO/Publisher
Nick Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote