Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #1521
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
So true! Especially if those great pieces are the characters you love.
There's a member on here who modifies statues and think he has six of the 1/4 Power Girl statues and I completely understand it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #1522
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
There's a member on here who modifies statues and think he has six of the 1/4 Power Girl statues and I completely understand it.
Speaking of PG, I hope they revisit her someday in a flying or action pose. I sold my PF shortly after receiving it. There was something off to me and I was never happy with it on my shelf.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #1523
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

After seeing the new Red Sonja, I think Steve Lord would make a phenomenal Power Girl.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #1524
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Based on these pics the jackets will be removable. I’m assuming you’ll have to put it on yourself when assembling it. Looks like you just slide the right sleeve on, put the left arm in the left sleeve and then peg it in.

If the prototype is anything to go on, there’s probably a S shaped steel rod coming out from the fist that goes up through the arm and into the body. It looks like that may peg into a steel shaft that’s hidden in the saw arm.
If this is the case I can see how you would have to slide the jacket over the full steel shaft then up the arm. Then you would have to attack the saw separately after everything was slid into place.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #1525
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
If this is the case I can see how you would have to slide the jacket over the full steel shaft then up the arm. Then you would have to attack the saw separately after everything was slid into place.
I don’t think she’s gonna be permanently attached to the saw arm though. To me, it looks like her fist will just key into the center of the blade.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:39 AM   #1526
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I don’t think she’s gonna be permanently attached to the saw arm though. To me, it looks like her fist will just key into the center of the blade.
You could have a situation where her gloved hand is permanently attached to the blade, and the key is her wrist (see the Little Mermaid unboxing video for a similar idea).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #1527
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Speaking of PG, I hope they revisit her someday in a flying or action pose. I sold my PF shortly after receiving it. There was something off to me and I was never happy with it on my shelf.
Her breast were too small.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #1528
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I remember they seized them down for the final version.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #1529
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Another thing I just noticed in the bts pics is that she wasn’t always cut at the waist like I noticed earlier. In one pic where they are painting the yellow, she’s a solid piece and then when they are painting the green you can see she has been cut in half. Just an observation. I assume she’ll be solid when she ships.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #1530
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Another thing I just noticed in the bts pics is that she wasn’t always cut at the waist like I noticed earlier. In one pic where they are painting the yellow, she’s a solid piece and then when they are painting the green you can see she has been cut in half. Just an observation. I assume she’ll be solid when she ships.
Most likely.

How they put together the prototype is most times not the same way they put together the production piece.

And even if she's cut in half coming out of the molds, they probably will permanently fuse both halves together in the production process.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote