Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #2001
ukshaun
Hercules

I really really want this piece. Then this image appears along with the comments.

For the moment, i'm sticking to my guns, holding out for more images. Only then might i pick this up.

Based on the one image alone, it's not looking like a piece worth it's high price tag.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #2002
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm going to wait for 7 months and in-hand pics before I even consider buying this.

I'm really hoping that somebody gets a piece so jacked up that SS replaces it, but asks them to "destroy" the statue first. Then we can really see what's inside of this bad boy that will make it structurally sound.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #2003
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Cancan --

There is no way that is folds and shading making it that dark. It's all over the boot. From the knee pad to the stop of her boot - both where there are no creases and heavily well lit. It's a bad "combat damage" look just like when the screwed it up on Iron Man.
I don't know what to think... If you're right, it's a very bad choice, and i say bad cause i am polite.

But speaking of knee pad, is that a seam we can see above it?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #2004
Comicbookguy
Hercules

From the pics rogue definitely looks 40 plus.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #2005
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I don't know what to think... If you're right, it's a very bad choice, and i say bad cause i am polite.

But speaking of knee pad, is that a seam we can see above it?
They haven't attached the top of the boot. Rogue's boots are always "above the knee" and have that little section that stick out when she flies/bends her knee...it's not attached yet in these pics. So once that's attached the seam won't be seen. Won't change the dirty as hell boots, but the seam will be gone!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #2006
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Can’t wait for this! I think the statue looks great. I agree that the face doesn’t portray “southern belle” like rogue sometimes is drawn as... but I do think the face sculpt and expression is great. As always, I am not going to judge it off of some photo of the piece, not even put together fully or properly. Wait for in hands.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:16 PM   #2007
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
They haven't attached the top of the boot. Rogue's boots are always "above the knee" and have that little section that stick out when she flies/bends her knee...it's not attached yet in these pics. So once that's attached the seam won't be seen. Won't change the dirty as hell boots, but the seam will be gone!
Ah, ok. So, no future seamgate. And hopefully SS perfectly clean the danger room to prevent any dirty stuff on the boots of my Rogue, bloody hell.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:18 AM   #2008
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Saw this in person on the show and it looks terrible to me, especially the face. Also the paintjob on the jigsaw. I was on the fence getting this because I like the fabric jacket, but I will pass now. Maybe I had too high expectations because of the prototype pics.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #2009
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
She looks like she's living the hard life and subsisting on Jack Daniel's and cigarettes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
still bizarre to me how the face gets any praise, honestly it's really ugly

but maybe that's just me lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
She looks really old... Her dimple looks more like a wrinkle. I guess it’s a definite pass now.
I'm glad others are seeing what a few of us were seeing at the beginning. The portrait looks the same to me though, granted it has grown on me considerably as i disliked it at the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
From the pics rogue definitely looks 40 plus.
. I'll give her early 30's.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #2010
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Looks great to me. Face isn’t the best they’ve ever done, but the rest of the sculpt is amazing.
Its not bad by any means but arguably my least favorite of god bottle portraits.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote