Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #41
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
You're a problem. It's not racist, it's funny. There's no malice behind what I'm saying it's a joke on an old stereotype. but you wouldn't understand humor since you spend most of your time getting pumped behind dumpsters.
How bout you go f*ck yourself?
Congratulations your mission of shutting down threads continue.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #42
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Congratulations your mission of shutting down threads continue.
I will NOT ever EVER give you the power to label me do you understand!!!
You can NOT define me as anything! You don't KNOW ME. Calling me racist ,homophobic etc etc is retarded and a waste of time and all very much untrue. There was a time men would shoot other men for just insulting them. Duels to the death for just insinuating something.
I love everyone...but I'm not a b!tch I don't lay down for everyone either. And I like jokes especially awkward ones and I find it disgusting people like you are humorless soulless fiends killing society because you believe in lies over truth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-11172054
Old 07-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #43
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Ariel's appearance is based on a Danish white girl.
to be fair I believe she was drawn to be Alyssa Milano (back when she used to be a likeable human), so she's an Italian mermaid
Old 07-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #44
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Art is an interpretation - so the artists making this film see things differently. Thats it.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #45
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
This is ridiculous. Everyone knows blacks don't like swimming!. LOL
Armi, I don't think you're racist, I think I've read enough from you to make that claim. However, you are a white male, part of the dominant culture in this country, and in this country its always been ok to make jokes about races, religions, etc, especially if you're part of the dominant culture. Other groups, have had to just sort of grin and bear it.

I read your post as being a poor taste attempt to interject humor, given everyone was very tight on the subject, so I laughed. However, you should know that traditionally this sort of thing has been insulting for most people of color - they just never say anything because we tend to get shot, fired, beat up, hung, etc.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #46
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I think its great - Disney said, let's make a mermaid movie that looks like MOST LITTLE GIRLS IN THE WORLD. Because most little girls in the world are not white. Very cool. Some people feel threatened by this though, and would rather have their norm stay the same, then create space for another group to feel empowered.

This is an aspect of CRT (Critical Race Theory). Google it - it's good work
Old 07-05-2019, 02:40 PM   #47
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Katrina Kaif is not Indian you ignoramus.

"A closed mouth gathers no foot". Listen to your randomly-generated status.

Brown and black people don't have biologically, genetically occurring red hair, if "naturally" isn't good enough for you. I didn't use those words because they're loaded. (You'd know if you read some history)

Saying mermaids aren't natural is reductio ad absurdum. Ariel's appearance is based on a Danish white girl.

If you don't find the casting odd, bully for you. It doesn't mean those criticizing it are wrong. And it certainly doesn't call for a "f*** you". But I guess misguided stock images and expletives are your only recourse to justify an outrage over something I said that didn't even attack anyone. "Red hair doesn't look natural on brown people" is a fact. Whether it looks good or bad is an opinion, which I didn't offer, unlike you. Learn to distinguish between the two. When people in India dye their hair, even if it looks good, nobody is fooled into thinking that's their natural hair color.

BTW, Spider-Man India was a joke from the moment it was announced and failed horribly. You know why? Never mind. If you understood cultural appropriation, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Peace out.

Youve said some pretty stupid things here.

To say red hair doesnt look natural on brown people is all a matter of experience and perspective. Every group of brown people when they first encountered the white man thought they were looking a walking dead, or diseased person. This is just YOUR experiences - limited in fact.

And depending on the cultural groups, people of color can have naturally occurring red hair. I would find it for you, but you're a bad ass, look it up yourself.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #48
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Armi, I don't think you're racist, I think I've read enough from you to make that claim. However, you are a white male, part of the dominant culture in this country, and in this country its always been ok to make jokes about races, religions, etc, especially if you're part of the dominant culture. Other groups, have had to just sort of grin and bear it.

I read your post as being a poor taste attempt to interject humor, given everyone was very tight on the subject, so I laughed.
However, you should know that traditionally this sort of thing has been insulting for most people of color - they just never say anything because we tend to get shot, fired, beat up, hung, etc.
This is the spirit I'm aiming for because I find all this division insufferable. We have always been told fight and divide ourselves into tribes because the ones who rule over us have realized this was the way to conquer nations. When you buy those lies, it's a death sentence, and you will live in a bizarro world nightmare which is dark and frightening and full of misery. If sacrificing myself makes for people to come together and talk openly and start some process of healing..I'll happily do it to bring peace.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #49
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
This is the spirit I'm aiming for because I find all this division insufferable. We have always been told fight and divide ourselves into tribes because the ones who rule over us have realized this was the way to conquer nations. When you buy those lies, it's a death sentence, and you will live in a bizarro world nightmare which is dark and frightening and full of misery. If sacrificing myself makes for people to come together and talk openly and start some process of healing..I'll happily do it to bring peace.
I dont know if you were being THAT noble, but I laughed...
Old 07-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #50
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Closed Thread