Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 06:10 AM   #11
Jeffle323
Frackin!

So if it doesn't come out to your satisfaction don't buy it or return it? I get what you're saying though but speak with that hard earned money buying elsewhere.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #12
Jeffle323
Frackin!

Where's the outcry and rage towards companies like PCS? No working website with order information...Akuma bust, Balrog, teela, Skeletor bust, Gouken, Milenna, jade, subzero , trap jaw. 9 delayed statues... As of this year
Old 08-21-2015, 06:39 AM   #13
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

SS has slipped down a slope of indecency and quality loss. They just don't care anymore, because the market has grown and they can sell all their stuff at outrages prices. They do not need to care for a few unhappy customers.

People voice their discontent here and their and SS manages to completely ignore that on all fronts.

Maybe it's a good thing they loose their "elite" status.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #14
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffle323 View Post
Where's the outcry and rage towards companies like PCS? No working website with order information...Akuma bust, Balrog, teela, Skeletor bust, Gouken, Milenna, jade, subzero , trap jaw. 9 delayed statues... As of this year
Because at least PCS gets you a top quality product. The constant delays can be forgivable to most as long as people are getting an outstanding product.

Oh and the customer service is better.....
Old 08-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #15
Jeffle323
Frackin!

Actually I feel like you guys misunderstand the process, these statues are ordered and planned with a factory way ahead of time and one of the factories they used happen to produce a lot of bad stuff so after that batch of products were done they no longer use that factory because they listened and wanted to fix the problem. Just look at recent releases, Batgirl was good, Lobo was good, Jean grey looks good, Emma is okay, Thor was good but needed a lean fix which they're doing, Doom new one was good.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:01 AM   #16
Jeffle323
Frackin!

I don't think it's ill intent or will on their part to be honest, you can reach out to them or if you talk to them at a con etc they're not corporate jerks or anything lol
Old 08-21-2015, 07:13 AM   #17
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Given the fact they did increase the price of PF. But it's still cheaper and comparable to other companies. However, with a cheaper pricetag comes with a cheaper QC. It just bugged me everytime I saw a Googly girl and a piece that weight 8lbs? Paying 500$ for a hollow cast and terrible paint job? No no.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #18
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
So if it doesn't come out to your satisfaction don't buy it or return it? I get what you're saying though but speak with that hard earned money buying elsewhere.
For us internationals, it isn't as straightforward. We have issues with Jean Grey (damages, heads that don't fit, scratches) and no replacement. Their option; full refund. This would be fine only if we didn't have to pay ~112 USD on import fees which we never can get back

We only have two pieces left on order and those are the last ones. I love the new Red Sonja and Lady Death but going to pass. Too much money and too little confidence
Old 08-21-2015, 07:34 AM   #19
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
For us internationals, it isn't as straightforward. We have issues with Jean Grey (damages, heads that don't fit, scratches) and no replacement. Their option; full refund. This would be fine only if we didn't have to pay ~112 USD on import fees which we never can get back

We only have two pieces left on order and those are the last ones. I love the new Red Sonja and Lady Death but going to pass. Too much money and too little confidence
Import Duty is a bit#@ (specially with returning), that is the reason i didn't order anything from Sideshow direct anymore.
Only wish they still had their European warehouse...
Old 08-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #20
a2themonster
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Actually I feel like you guys misunderstand the process, these statues are ordered and planned with a factory way ahead of time and one of the factories they used happen to produce a lot of bad stuff so after that batch of products were done they no longer use that factory because they listened and wanted to fix the problem. Just look at recent releases, Batgirl was good, Lobo was good, Jean grey looks good, Emma is okay, Thor was good but needed a lean fix which they're doing, Doom new one was good.
Jean Grey looks good??? lol since when
Closed Thread