Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #1261
TheRiddler
Fantastic Four

Man, happy for you few who got yours. Mine is still sitting on order. Spoke with SS chat today and they said:

Quote:
We have been getting Gambit in very small waves, but not our entire stock to fulfill all orders! Once we have any indication we can fulfill your order, we will notify you via email with a processing date for your final balance!

Typically, batches come every few weeks, but due to the pandemic, that is sort of thrown up in the air at this time!

Got excited at the pics here, but I guess I still have to wait!
TheRiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #1262
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

This is becoming the new norm for SS. I went through this with Mr Freeze but ended up scoring one with little muscling on phone lol. It’s kinda weird they are going to do batches with this when the ES is 6000 combined?????
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #1263
pdenham
Teen Titans

Not a fan of this character, or Rogue for that matter, but this statue I think is pretty damn spectacular.

I love the composition of it all, and from the review videos I've seen it looks like SS had this produced at one of the "good" factories.
Makes sense given the ES and popularity of the character.

I wish Hawkgirl had gotten the same level of TLC, but it doesn't look like it.

Even the price differential between those two pieces is favor of Gambit. While it's more expensive, it also has substantially more going on, with a much more impressive base, and a more complex paint design that appears to have been replicated extremely well in the production piece.

Knockout piece all around. Congrats to all who have it coming!
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #1264
srttoz
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This is becoming the new norm for SS. I went through this with Mr Freeze but ended up scoring one with little muscling on phone lol. It’s kinda weird they are going to do batches with this when the ES is 6000 combined?????
It has to be COVID related no? Sabretooth was the first one where they charged me a full month before they actually shipped it.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #1265
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
XM kinetic energy looks cheap. SS kinetic energy looks cheap. You can't win.
I'll choose the SS kinetic cards all day.. the way it is designed gives you the impression it was thrown with force and it's approaching at you fast. All 3 cards are flying in one direction as well..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #1266
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I have the first PF and hated the pepto bismol EX. I like the new kinetic effects from the videos on the maquette. Will likely pick him up but no rush. 2000 EXs is a lot.

XM's effect is similar to this one. pinkish and glossy. but it doesn't have the natural flow like this.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #1267
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't have a horse in this race as I didn't like either pose... but here is a better comparison of the two portraits...

IMO XM's is more comic accurate where SS is more realistic looking...

I think they both represent faces he’s had in the comics. Comic accurate just depends on who draws the comic. Gambit’s portrait varies widely from young man to aged veteran and pretty boy to pretty ugly.

The larger scale statues tend to stick to the older, grizzled look.

His current face in latest issues of Excalibur
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:26 PM   #1268
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

There’s green paint on the Rogue base as well.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:55 PM   #1269
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I actually think both Gambits, just like both Colossus pieces look great. At any other time, either one of these would be considered the epitome of their respective characters in statue form.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:00 AM   #1270
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I actually think both Gambits, just like both Colossus pieces look great. At any other time, either one of these would be considered the epitome of their respective characters in statue form.
Yep, they're both winners to me. Each has certain aspects that are done slightly better than the other just based on personal preference, and I don't see anything done poorly on either piece...a win-win for Gambit/X-Men fans.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote