Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-04-2021, 04:22 PM   #181
Dundee
Hydra

Agree, I've not seen a statue of this calibre and quality for a while. This has set the bar for 1/2 scale, it's the one to beat going forward.

The reflection of the trident on water part of the base, very nice.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:37 PM   #182
Peedi
The Secret Six

I don’t pay much attention to movie stuff but wow they really recreated that man’s face! Awesome statue.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:41 AM   #183
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

After all the delays I’ve finally got this in hand.

With how much I’ve spent on this, I’m more than happy with it (even with the tiny issues). It looks simply majestic, very much like scene it’s based off from.

I’m the kind of collector who looks over ones pieces with a fine tooth comb (so adjust accordingly) and there are a few small nagging little issues. A few tiny scuff marks here and there on the green metallic paint on the arms, but most annoyingly has to do with the neck tattoo on mine.

The black paint of the tattoo while shaped correctly hasn’t been painted thickly enough or as if some of the paint was removed by accident. But note it’s only obvious when you have a light pointed right at it (like a torchlight) otherwise it’s nearly impossible to see. Can’t really complain as the tattoo wasn’t even originally there on the prototype. If I was willing and able it might be easy enough to use black silicone paint to correct it.

One other thing, not a big deal, but I wish the gold paint on the trident and on the belt, and those side panels were more metallic. As currently they’re a bit dull imo, but it does contrast nicely with the gold of the upper body.

Now the only thing I wish I had, was a waterfall background from the scene in question.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 03:57 AM   #184
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
After all the delays I’ve finally got this in hand.

With how much I’ve spent on this, I’m more than happy with it (even with the tiny issues). It looks simply majestic, very much like scene it’s based off from.

I’m the kind of collector who looks over ones pieces with a fine tooth comb (so adjust accordingly) and there are a few small nagging little issues. A few tiny scuff marks here and there on the green metallic paint on the arms, but most annoyingly has to do with the neck tattoo on mine.

The black paint of the tattoo while shaped correctly hasn’t been painted thickly enough or as if some of the paint was removed by accident. But note it’s only obvious when you have a light pointed right at it (like a torchlight) otherwise it’s nearly impossible to see. Can’t really complain as the tattoo wasn’t even originally there on the prototype. If I was willing and able it might be easy enough to use black silicone paint to correct it.

One other thing, not a big deal, but I wish the gold paint on the trident and on the belt, and those side panels were more metallic. As currently they’re a bit dull imo, but it does contrast nicely with the gold of the upper body.

Now the only thing I wish I had, was a waterfall background from the scene in question.
Pictures?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:56 AM   #185
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Pictures?
It was too dark to take photos and I only unboxed it to go over the statue before I put it away until I made the necessary space to display it. As it is my rooms are way too cluttered.

And anyway there are much better photos than I could ever take on previous pages.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote