Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #661
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma214 View Post
Damn, that sucks! Are those last 4 that were announced still coming? Was looking forward to the Capullo BatMonster! Or is the Jim Lee v3 the last from DC Direct until we hear something else?

And just when I got back into it, just my luck. What am I gonna do with my addiction after I catch the original 102? lol.
I haven't seen or heard anything beyond Jim Lee V3, which sucks because that Gotham by Gaslight was awesome looking.

I think we're sunk on the B&W collection, but it was good while it lasted.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:49 AM   #662
Enygma214
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I haven't seen or heard anything beyond Jim Lee V3, which sucks because that Gotham by Gaslight was awesome looking.

I think we're sunk on the B&W collection, but it was good while it lasted.
Yeah, guess you're right. Do you know anywhere else I could find statues on sale? I usually go through eBay, Amazon, BBTS, Mercari and even the WB Store.
Enygma214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:56 PM   #663
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma214 View Post
Yeah, guess you're right. Do you know anywhere else I could find statues on sale? I usually go through eBay, Amazon, BBTS, Mercari and even the WB Store.
You pretty much named them all, though you can try online comic shops too, like Midtown Comics. I checked Entertainment Earth the other day and they only had the most recent releases. I have a feeling since it doesn't look like anyone is picking up the black and white line that these are going to be hard to find outside of ebay sales soon.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:45 AM   #664
Enygma214
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You pretty much named them all, though you can try online comic shops too, like Midtown Comics. I checked Entertainment Earth the other day and they only had the most recent releases. I have a feeling since it doesn't look like anyone is picking up the black and white line that these are going to be hard to find outside of ebay sales soon.
I'm pretty much down to the last 15 statues in the line. I have everything from EE except the Lee v3. But I'm confused, it still says pre-order coming in March. I thought that statue was released in Dec.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #665
rykerw1701
Justice League

This was really a remarkable run of statues, and I doubt we see anything like it again. Not every one of them was a home run, but the vast majority were really great at an affordable price point, and wonderfully unique. The Bombshells line would be the only thing that comes close, and there's about 1/3 as many.

A successful line isn't just about volume, but the consistency and variety are remarkable. I probably have 20, with no plans to get more, but I always looked to see what was next.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:33 PM   #666
Enygma214
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
This was really a remarkable run of statues, and I doubt we see anything like it again. Not every one of them was a home run, but the vast majority were really great at an affordable price point, and wonderfully unique. The Bombshells line would be the only thing that comes close, and there's about 1/3 as many.

A successful line isn't just about volume, but the consistency and variety are remarkable. I probably have 20, with no plans to get more, but I always looked to see what was next.
I'm such a big Batman fan. Hated that I had to sell them years ago when I lost my job. Figured I'd picked them up later when I was more established and had the funds to do it. I'm sad that it ended but thankful that I've been able to pickup 87 statues in the last 3mo. I'm basing a whole custom display/wall for them around my basement renovation. Hopefully that happens this year. Have to agree that I love the different interpretations of Batman, wish they had done more of his rogues gallery. No Riddler, no Two-Face, No Clayface and so many others. Sht, not even a Red-Hood. But multiple Jokers and multiple Harleys. Oh well.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:54 PM   #667
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

just ordered this guy from BBTS. Limited to 500. Beautiful little 7.25" statue.

i don't think i can ever have enough Jim Lee Blue Batman in my collection. I don't care if it's 3 3/4"...to me this is the best Batman will ever look and I enjoy indulging to fullest with this version of the character.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:08 PM   #668
Mister H
Green Goblin

It's too bad they shut down DC Direct, I bet they would have made that one into a 1/6 scale. Still looks good.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #669
Enygma214
Doh!

That does look extremely nice!! Need the Black and White for me.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #670
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Limited to 500......

Man, it must be expensive....
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote