Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 07-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #1
toty21
The Avengers

Alien Covenant Xenomorph 1:1 bust Coolprops

This has been flying under the radar with all of the other items that were shown at WF 2017
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

up for pre order!!, Im confused which to get now
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...1/?me=2gh0hl2z
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I really like this and want to push the preorder button. But that dome will be a HUGE problem area for CP's factory to replicate. Too intricate. Not to be a dck, but I instantly pictured the production piece to be a Jackson Pollock dome alien lol. This one is definitely a wait and see for me.

@dino, it's a no brainer. Giger head all the way!
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
Python
Omega Red

I really don't like this design much personally. It looks like a cheap big chap copy that has none of Gigers graceful influence, or the dark beauty that comes with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
But that dome will be a HUGE problem area for CP's factory to replicate.

On the big chap with its intricate dome, this is a huge worry. But this is just a solid block, shouldn't be too difficult to replicate to a decent level.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I really don't like this design much personally. It looks like a cheap big chap copy that has none of Gigers graceful influence, or the dark beauty that comes with it.

Wow you don't like it?? Although definitely not a Geiger substitute I really like the kind of cloudy marbel look of the dome I wasn't going to get the dog alien bust and go with the preddy 2 bust from coolprops being I have the brown and blue warrior but after seeing this I may just go with all alien heads
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #6
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:

On the big chap wit hits intricate dome, this is a huge worry. But this is just a solid block, shouldn't be too difficult to replicate to a decent level.

I'm confused Python, this dome is quite the opposite from all black? And CP's Giger dome is basically transparent. Do you mean the skull? If so, I agree. There is definitely room for error with paint around the bulging brain areas(not sure what the term is). Looks like they used straight black and no ochres so that's simplified. Concern would be if they did some stupid squiggles in that area, like they did on the Dog. Would definitely ruin it.

Back to topic, I should have been more specific. The blended coloring, all over the dome, will be difficult to replicate for their factory(assuming it's the same factory they have used for the previous heads). Even more specifically, how they've blended the colors in and to get this EXACT look will be difficult. It will turn out heavily one way or the other. Like this or a Pollock painting lol.

Personally, Gigers Big Chap design will be number 1 forever. An untouchable. No one has come close to it and no one will dethrone it. It's a masterpiece like the Mona Lisa. Personally, I don't compare anything to Big Chap, for this reason. It's separate, high up on the pedastel like a "God" lol.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #7
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Wow you don't like it?? Although definitely not a Geiger substitute I really like the kind of cloudy marbel look of the dome

I quite like the colours on top, but in general no, it isn't for me. The Aliens have been degrading since the Dog though sadly. They just aren't the presence they used to be. Nor do they posses the subtle beauty that the Big chap and the Dog had. A transparent dome would have helped this imo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I'm confused Python, this dome is quite the opposite from all black? And CP's Giger dome is basically transparent. Do you mean the skull? If so, I agree. There is definitely room for error with paint around the bulging brain areas(not sure what the term is). Looks like they used straight black and no ochres so that's simplified. Concern would be if they did some stupid squiggles in that area, like they did on the Dog. Would definitely ruin it.

In terms of complexity, yes, the big chap is much more of a risk. This is just an external paint app. Granted it has a fairly complex pallet of colours that you'd hope the factories can replicate fairly closely. The big chap on the other had has the detailed internals, and the clear dome on top. How many times have we seen Big chap busts and statues with poor paint apps under the dome that cannot be fixed due to being locked away. Or even poorly applied domes over the skull beneath. All of which requires major surgery for those brave enough to try and fix it. It's always a worry in the back of my mind when buying Big chap collectibles.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
Masa_yodamorph

Quote:
I quite like the colours on top, but in general no, it isn't for me. The Aliens have been degrading since the Dog though sadly. They just aren't the presence they used to be. Nor do they posses the subtle beauty that the Big chap and the Dog had. A transparent dome would have helped this imo..

In terms of complexity, yes, the big chap is much more of a risk. This is just an external paint app. Granted it has a fairly complex pallet of colours that you'd hope the factories can replicate fairly closely. The big chap on the other had has the detailed internals, and the clear dome on top. How many times have we seen Big chap busts and statues with poor paint apps under the dome that cannot be fixed due to being locked away. Or even poorly applied domes over the skull beneath. All of which requires major surgery for those brave enough to try and fix it. It's always a worry in the back of my mind when buying Big chap collectibles.
Ah you're right. Forgot about LS Big Chap from SS debacle and others. There is a lot of room for error. Let's hope they understand there are high expectations on these Gigers. And they need to be on point with the production piece or it's a fail. Got me worried now, CP factory will black out the dome lol.

Last edited by Masa_yodamorph; 09-21-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Clatifying
Old 07-25-2018, 11:45 AM   #9
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #10
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm also on the fence with this one, worried about how the well the paint application will be on the finished piece
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote