Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #301
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wow, sum ppl turned on this quick. 1000 is not high, especially by today standards. I hope u negative nancies regret this. I will be here to rub it in.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #302
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

can't wait to get mine.!!.i can't find the facebook vid they did showing all the switchouts..anyone has a link ?
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:41 PM   #303
ambasah
Red Skull

it is a quality statue but punisher is certainly no darth vader.

I am very happy for those who pre-ordered and I.S. recent successes means we will get to see more amazing creations from this company.

but I am also pragmatic and confident in my decision to wait.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #304
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
lmao Ummmmmmmm... did I miss something?... since when was 1000 overall a large es.. tf?

In today's market of 6,500 Hulk vs Wolverine's, 7,500 Batmans, 7,500 Spidermans, 2,200 Banes, 4,000 Thano's... I think 1000 Punisher's is reasonable lol.. Not bringing up a company war because I like them all, but I've never heard anyone complain about XM's ES's.... Now all of a sudden 1000 is a problem?.. -.-
It is a problem, because we're not in the Bowen era, well before the recession, where production was objectively cheaper and money went further. Yes even 1000 can be too many for most characters today.

I'm glad Iron studios is not going crazy with variants like PCS.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:16 PM   #305
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
it is a quality statue but punisher is certainly no darth vader.

I am very happy for those who pre-ordered and I.S. recent successes means we will get to see more amazing creations from this company.

but I am also pragmatic and confident in my decision to wait.
For sure man. I'm waiting too, but I think the reasoning behind it is due to the already over saturated market. Not because 1000 Punishers is a lot. There are just too many statues out in general selling for well under retail to be jumping on day 1 PO's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
It is a problem, because we're not in the Bowen era, well before the recession, where production was objectively cheaper and money went further. Yes even 1000 can be too many for most characters today.

I'm glad Iron studios is not going crazy with variants like PCS.
Maybe.. my only point is that in the last few years, I haven't seen anyone say 1000 was too big of an ES. I'd say more people know/like the Punisher then they do Cable, no? Yet there are 1000 of them from XM.. No complaints there tho. Just saying - by todays standards, 1000 is fairly low.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #306
Barbarian
Jedi Order

It's based on the fact that this is the largest ES for any 1/4 scale Marvel piece they've released so far.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:41 PM   #307
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Who cares lmao. Iron Studios is a pretty new company. And if you look, every other quarter scale punisher has a 1000+ ES. I'm sure many share the opinion that this is probably one of the best too! 1000 is low.. you guys are trippin.. lol I'm still holding off on buying tho :P
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #308
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
It's based on the fact that this is the largest ES for any 1/4 scale Marvel piece they've released so far.
The ES for Spider Man was 1300 if I´m not mistaken.

1000 ES is not a low ES, but it´s not high either. I think it will still be available when it ships, but will probably be gone once we start to see the first in hand pictures.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:55 PM   #309
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Honestly, the ES is not a huge deal. The biggest issue holding off my itchy trigger finger is the price. I am almost surely picking this up. Just in no rush.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #310
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

I have no problem with the ES whatsoever, but had it been set somewhere in the 500-750 range I would have pre-ordered now for fear of losing out. Ultimately, based on a lot of bad experiences I've had with pre-orders lately I do prefer to order statues after in hand photo's start popping up and I believe with an ES of 1000 I'm getting the best of both world's......the ability to order a statue, and to do so after I'm convinced of the quality.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote