Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-08-2023, 03:54 PM   #21
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Ironhide wasn't red, Ratchet was lime green instead of ambulance colors, and Sideswipe was a silver Corvette instead of a red Lambo. We G1 boomers were in our 20s and 30s when the first film came out. We had no clue wtf was going on. I thought Starcream (shaped like a chicken mixed with a dorito chip) and Megatron were the same bot when they transformed into jets. I never had a problem with the Bay designs other than it being hard to tell who was who, especially on a first viewing.

I'll admit to being a G1 purist. I even collect the figures that look like they just popped out of the cartoon. The first few minutes of Bumblebee were like heaven to me. We are back to some Bayverse designs with ROTB though.
I wasn't arguing their distinguishing from their G1 counterparts, but more them being easily distinguishable on screen. I had no issues. When I saw the Bayformers first transform, I guessed all but Jazz. As I said before, which Dark Knight is constantly overlooking in his argument, I don't prefer the Bayformers to the G1 Transformers, I just prefer their translation to the big screen. Everyone had a personality which was magnified by their appearance. Michael Bay clearly wanted to have personalities to his Bots (some to offensive stereotypes but personalities none the less), but for most part, he did good in those designs..in retrospect looking back to the G1 designs, their blocky designs would hinder their movement and personalities. But that's enough of that. Each to their own
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 03:57 PM   #22
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Well one wouldn't when they have no argument. I called you out, and you just proved that toxicity once again with your reply. No transformers fan lol, are you 12 or 50? You're either a child, or a man chils, I can't even tell any more lol
Talk about toxic message... lol But i won't argue with you. I just essumed something. How can essuming something can be toxic... And this toxic term generally used by teenagers.

Toxic this, toxic that, giga chad, simping... lol And repeat. These are the only things that come out from their mouths when teenagers chat each other or make memes or something... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 03:58 PM   #23
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Talk about toxic message... lol But i won't argue with you. I just essumed something. How can essuming something can be toxic... And this toxic term generally used by teenagers or something.

Toxic this, toxic that, giga chad, simping... lol And repeat. These are the only things that come out from their mouths when teenagers chat each other or make memes or something... lol
Disagreement aside, are you okay? You seem fairly angry man.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 04:29 PM   #24
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Actually no, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe etc were all easily distinguishable. The only Transformer that I can say had a horrible translation was HotRod.
Was just skimming the thread and saw this part. I totally forgot that there was a Bayformers Hot Rod. That is a pretty large design difference.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 04:36 PM   #25
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I wasn't arguing their distinguishing from their G1 counterparts, but more them being easily distinguishable on screen. I had no issues. When I saw the Bayformers first transform, I guessed all but Jazz. As I said before, which Dark Knight is constantly overlooking in his argument, I don't prefer the Bayformers to the G1 Transformers, I just prefer their translation to the big screen. Everyone had a personality which was magnified by their appearance. Michael Bay clearly wanted to have personalities to his Bots (some to offensive stereotypes but personalities none the less), but for most part, he did good in those designs..in retrospect looking back to the G1 designs, their blocky designs would hinder their movement and personalities. But that's enough of that. Each to their own
I gotcha. Some of the designs were very good like Blackout and Shockwave come to mind. I would have liked the decepticons to have more character development, but I guess that's what the TV shows are for. I didn't like that they made my favorite decepticon Soundwave look like a silver cat and then died via plot armor. But I can't deny OP's kill streak was amazing. Don't f**k with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Was just skimming the thread and saw this part. I totally forgot that there was a Bayformers Hot Rod. That is a pretty large design difference.
I still remember the days we all blamed him for getting OP killed and then replacing him as the leader. 1986 movie, I mean.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote