Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2022, 03:57 PM   #841
ukshaun
Cyclops
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 11,794











LOADING: Image(s)

THE JOKER by Weta Workshop 1:4 scale

This arrived today, and as far as i can tell, it looks just like the prototype.

I chose to display the Joker holding the crowbar in one hand and a Joker Card in the other hand.
Other options include switching the Joker Card out for a Batman cowl, and swapping out the crowbar for a rifle.

In person his outfit looks light grey, with lots of weathering done to a high dreamy/nightmare level.
Too much light was entering the room when i took the above shots, making the Jokers out look white.

The Joker's hair is slightly flexible, as are the waist ties on the rear of the white outfit.
The yellow gloves turned out nice. Painted with yellow gloss to give the impression of rubber.

Over all i am very happy with the piece. Weta pieces have a certain uniqueness going for them.

If i was to be hyper picky:
1. The large round shiny black section of the base seems unnecessary. Adding both weight and size.
2. The yellow road markings look sloppy.
3. The gold bullet cases on the base, some of them feature gold paint bleed onto the base (noticeable only when looking close up)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:13 PM   #842
SONICobra
Solomon Grundy
 
SONICobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 18,641
joker himself looks awesome, small nitpicks that you mentioned on the base but the star is joker and he is on point
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:18 PM   #843
ukshaun
Cyclops
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 11,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
joker himself looks awesome, small nitpicks that you mentioned on the base but the star is joker and he is on point
Couldn't agree more
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:44 PM   #844
punisher2000
New Republic
 
punisher2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany ------------ "God's gonna sit this one out." --------------------------
Posts: 2,473
Joker looks killa...but I agree to your pointe of critics... overall its a really nice version anyway.
punisher2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #845
ukshaun
Cyclops
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 11,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Joker looks killa...but I agree to your pointe of critics... overall its a really nice version anyway.
I wanted a Jared Leto Joker in the collection, as was never sold on any of the purple coat (Suicide Squad) pieces that came out.
The Joker by Weta will never be made (officially) by any other company apparently. This version is the only option, and what a great option!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:16 PM   #846
punisher2000
New Republic
 
punisher2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany ------------ "God's gonna sit this one out." --------------------------
Posts: 2,473
absolutely... some tiny tiny blood splatter on the coat would be nice
punisher2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:20 PM   #847
batmbeyond
Justice League
 
batmbeyond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BATCAVE
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I wanted a Jared Leto Joker in the collection, as was never sold on any of the purple coat (Suicide Squad) pieces that came out.
The Joker by Weta will never be made (officially) by any other company apparently. This version is the only option, and what a great option!
Great looking Joker, the best Leto version I have seen
batmbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:32 AM   #848
T1OOO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 107
He looks great! I'm even more tempted now.

Do you have any other 1/4 statues for comparison in size? I saw some pics of him the other day on Facebook and he appeared quite small compared to others.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:20 AM   #849
ukshaun
Cyclops
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 11,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
absolutely... some tiny tiny blood splatter on the coat would be nice
That would be good. I can't risk doing that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmbeyond View Post
Great looking Joker, the best Leto version I have seen
The Weta Workshop sculptor who's name i cannot recall right now really captured the moment. The sculptor clay sculpted most of the piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
He looks great! I'm even more tempted now.

Do you have any other 1/4 statues for comparison in size? I saw some pics of him the other day on Facebook and he appeared quite small compared to others.
Edition size only 600. The price has increased, as Weta offered an lower pre_order deal.
I cannot work out how Weta managed the low shipping cost ?14.00 ($17.00USD)
Compared to Sideshow charging $116.00 to ship Power Girl which ships in a smaller lighter box?

I do have comparison pieces but they are boxed up (moving house this year)
Joker is about the same size as a typical Sideshow 1/4 scale piece. I would say the Joker head sculpt is larger than the The Suicide Squad Harley Quinn head sculpt by Sideshow
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:35 AM   #850
T1OOO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post


I do have comparison pieces but they are boxed up (moving house this year)
Joker is about the same size as a typical Sideshow 1/4 scale piece. I would say the Joker head sculpt is larger than the The Suicide Squad Harley Quinn head sculpt by Sideshow
This is the pic that gave me concern. The owner said the size is off because of how the picture was taken but I struggle to see how:

Click image for larger version

Name:	287435727_990520071614299_3822070705328321829_n.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	150914
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com