Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-20-2022, 11:59 AM   #2171
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It appears that so far they’ve only put out items that DCD already had in production. They’ve announced nothing new under that banner, and nothing that was prototype shown at conventions. I’m thinking more and more that we’re not going to be seeing anything else.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:30 AM   #2172
AC_808
Hercules

Unfortunate, but I'm starting to think the same.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:05 AM   #2173
SDguy

Oh!! CW PO just dropped on EE.... and BBTS

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...statue/dc20208

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/201445
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:13 AM   #2174
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ordered! Thanks! Nice to see it's tentative for July, and they have boxed photos already. I forgot what it was like to order from DCD and get a statue in 5 to 8 months.

Also, that JSC Harley seems to be the first statue they've solicited under McFarlane that wasn't already shown, or wasn't already a statue in a different scale. I know it was in development for some time based on artist's social media, but maybe this gives a bit of hope that they'll continue with new statues. Probably not at the same monthly rate DCD was doing them at, but still, I'll say I'm more hopeful today than I was with my last post.

Last edited by gra007; 04-06-2022 at 09:19 AM. Reason: More thoughts
Old 04-06-2022, 09:21 AM   #2175
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Ordered! Thanks!

Also, that JSC Harley seems to be the first statue they've solicited under McFarlane that wasn't already shown, or wasn't already a statue in a different scale. I know it was in development for some time based on artist's social media, but maybe this gives a bit of hope that they'll continue with new statues. Probably not at the same monthy rate DCD was doing them at, but still, I'll say I'm more hopeful today than I was with my last post.
The BW&R Harley's have been overall pretty terrible IMO, quality wise. I'll be interested to see if anything changes with this one.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:10 AM   #2176
Shoo
Hercules

Funny how they've kept the DC Direct name. Does McFarlane intend to make it a label of theirs, or perhaps the packaging was already done for this when the company went under?
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:12 AM   #2177
gra007

Yeah, I haven't seen very many good pictures of the Harley line. Paint is usually pretty bad. I never picked up one myself, only the Black & Whites, but I've seen a review where sizing on the Harley ones is a big issue as well.

I'm a bit worried on the Catwoman because of all the cel-shading. Hopefully she turns out as clean as previous designer series. I don't know how it works with factories when companies change hands.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:49 AM   #2178
Mister H
Gen 13

Really hope this gets the 1/6 scale treatment.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:52 AM   #2179
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

That Catwoman looks really nice. The Harley...well, it looks like there is a lot of room for sloppy paint apps on her face.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:54 AM   #2180
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Yeah, I haven't seen very many good pictures of the Harley line. Paint is usually pretty bad. I never picked up one myself, only the Black & Whites, but I've seen a review where sizing on the Harley ones is a big issue as well.

I'm a bit worried on the Catwoman because of all the cel-shading. Hopefully she turns out as clean as previous designer series. I don't know how it works with factories when companies change hands.
I think the only other one with the cell shading was Supergirl and it looks clean from what pics I've seen. But yeah, who knows with the change, what we will get. Fingers crossed!