Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #781
dadoo69
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm a huge fan of Zodd, and for me the headsculpt isn't really accurate, I don't recognize it, the proportions of the face are strange, likeness of the face is completely off

So I think I will pass on it and wait for Zodd Apostle form
dadoo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:11 PM   #782
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Have the preview for Berserker Armor Guts hinted at his pose? Something like the Gecco resin kit would be neat upscaled with a more elaborate base:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
it looked similar to me but the sword is pointed down into the base
Yes and yes, I think this is the pose. In one of previews, he had the sword up. So there's an interchangeable feature on Prime 1's statue.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #783
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoo69 View Post
I'm a huge fan of Zodd, and for me the headsculpt isn't really accurate, I don't recognize it, the proportions of the face are strange, likeness of the face is completely off

So I think I will pass on it and wait for Zodd Apostle form
Do you really think so? IMO it Looks really good. Maybe it's not spot on 100 % but I think P1 do their own touch to the statues like in the face from guts, a more "realistic" look, for me it's ok.

Edit:

It's hard to find a sample for it. For me the face is not so round like in the manga thats true. But if you consider that he grins (and then the Skin folds change) , the angle is not the same and P1 did a more realistic look to it then you'll find some accuracy . In the end it's a personal taste of course.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:00 AM   #784
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I'm not an accuracy purist so I personally really like the face. Like you said I think they added some realism, which I really like. I can still hardly believe how amazing this looks! The fur really sets it off.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:11 AM   #785
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

How much more accurate do people expect these things to be?? Zodd looks spot on to me
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:37 AM   #786
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
How much more accurate do people expect these things to be?? Zodd looks spot on to me
same here

i think if there is something to criticise it is the ex helmet. hope they add the head of a kushan to it but I doubt it.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #787
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
same here

i think if there is something to criticise it is the ex helmet. hope they add the head of a kushan to it but I doubt it.

Yeah, I ordered the EX but I don't need it. The helmet makes no sense without a head.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:09 PM   #788
Vendetta
The X-Men

Hopefully we also get a switch-out head with the more human-skull-like helmet before it transforms:

Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #789
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Hopefully we also get a switch-out head with the more human-skull-like helmet before it transforms:

Yes agreed also with a half maske human head showing guts inside.
As for Zoddy he looks great! But please p1, add more blood on the statue!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 PM   #790
dadoo69
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Do you really think so? IMO it Looks really good. Maybe it's not spot on 100 % but I think P1 do their own touch to the statues like in the face from guts, a more "realistic" look, for me it's ok.

It's hard to find a sample for it. For me the face is not so round like in the manga thats true. But if you consider that he grins (and then the Skin folds change), the angle is not the same and P1 did a more realistic look to it then you'll find some accuracy. In the end it's a personal taste of course.
Yes, for me it's too much squared face. He doesn't need many modifications for improving: just adding smooth and round with less angular

For example, I think the AOW or Headlong sculpt are far better, but you are right it's a subjective question of taste.

Quote:
I'm not an accuracy purist so I personally really like the face. Like you said I think they added some realism, which I really like. I can still hardly believe how amazing this looks! The fur really sets it off.
I am really picky about Berserk because I just love it For this price I was expecting the perfect realism in sculpt and especially the face, as it was the most important part for me. The rest of the statue is just top notch
dadoo69 is offline   Reply With Quote