Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #251
Gothamite
Phoenix

Some people will whine that this is a spoiler, so...

Spoiler

Wonder Woman is able to fly in WW84.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:45 PM   #252
built2shred
Phoenix

WW has been flying for a long time in the comics so that's nothing really new...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:16 PM   #253
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
WW has been flying for a long time in the comics so that's nothing really new...
Yes, but as we both know, a lot of forum members don't read comics.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:21 PM   #254
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

IIRC, Pre-Crisis Diana could be carried aloft and ride the winds for limited stints in a facsimile of "flight" (sort of like Storm, but without being able to summon or control them like her), but still needed her invisible plane for prolonged air travel. In the movie she seemed more like early Superman (or the Hulk), leaping in tall bounds.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:22 AM   #255
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have a feeling this will not get released this year. Just release it in Blu Ray already.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:20 AM   #256
built2shred
Phoenix

Tom Hanks Greyhound comes out next week on Apple TV, hopefully it brings in big numbers and might convince some AAA movies to release on some sort of digital format instead of the Theater. I just don't see Theaters going back to business as usually until a vaccine comes out, even then it's going to take some time to vaccinate everyone so it could be another year +
Old 07-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #257
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Tom Hanks Greyhound comes out next week on Apple TV, hopefully it brings in big numbers and might convince some AAA movies to release on some sort of digital format instead of the Theater. I just don't see Theaters going back to business as usually until a vaccine comes out, even then it's going to take some time to vaccinate everyone so it could be another year +
Yeah, I don't see some of these film companies wanting to lose out on theater money but there's going to come a tipping point where delaying any further is going to hurt more than just releasing to streaming and blu ray.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:30 PM   #258
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
I highly doubt Apple will release their numbers. Plus releasing it on one the smaller subscription steaming providers isn't going to get as much possible audience that theatrical release or even Netflix might provide. I don't think that Greyhound would tell us much. Trolls World Tour is more telling as it didn't have much of a theatrical release but grossed $95M VOD. It has yet to turn a profit (see Wikipedia article)

The studios need the double dipping of theatrical and VOD to survive. First the theatrical release to break even and preferable profit. The second dip into VOD for the hold outs for a second revenue stream. If they go straight to VOD for a blockbuster $150M budget film, they may not turn a profit and would have to right off the losses. But if they wait, interest in the film wanes and they have no revenue coming in. Tough decisions.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:28 AM   #259
built2shred
Phoenix

Trolls World Tour was meh...

I guess the biggest problem with VOD is that a family of 4 can watch it for $7+ whereas they would spend $40+ at the theater, but given the virus I don't see Theaters opening in full anytime soon, we might not see Top Gun 2, Wonder Woman, etc... until summer 2021 or possible 2022
Old 07-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #260
built2shred
Phoenix

I would also guess that Apple TV is paying the studio a hefty sum to show it on their service...