Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #611
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Mines still at the framers. The frame they ordered for me had misalignment at the corner, of course they still framed it and tried to pass it off. Lol, can't get one by the Fro.

They hate me, I always show up with my flashlight and a camera. Lol, hey these things are not cheap.
I feel your pain. I think my framers hate me too. I expect perfection, or damn near close to it. I don't think it's unrealistic given the price we pay either. What gets me is how put out they act when I point out things like slight misalignments, smudges or dust on the inside of the glass or imperfections in the mats and/or frames. It's as if they get away with it the majority of the time and it frustrates them to have to fix things. I don't understand why they can't look at the end product with a critical eye before handing it over to me. Maybe it's because I'm a perfectionist but if I did that for a living I wouldn't try and pass off sub-par craftsmanship. If I noticed an issue I'd assume they'd notice it too.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #612
Luminous
Cyclops

I guess I am pretty lucky considering the framer I frequent. He loves Star Wars and is nearly as OCD as I am.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #613
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I feel your pain. I think my framers hate me too. I expect perfection, or damn near close to it. I don't think it's unrealistic given the price we pay either. What gets me is how put out they act when I point out things like slight misalignments, smudges or dust on the inside of the glass or imperfections in the mats and/or frames. It's as if they get away with it the majority of the time and it frustrates them to have to fix things. I don't understand why they can't look at the end product with a critical eye before handing it over to me. Maybe it's because I'm a perfectionist but if I did that for a living I wouldn't try and pass off sub-par craftsmanship. If I noticed an issue I'd assume they'd notice it too.
I use the flashlight for fingerprints on the inside of the glass. You would not believe how many different places I go to and find fingerprints on the inside of the glass. It's damn near a guarantee, it really shows in light on museum glass. The last thing you want is to find a fingerprint 2 months down the road....of course I'm the only one that would ever notice it.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #614
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The flashlight idea is a good one.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #615
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

That is a good idea. Would never had occurred to me ?

I've been pretty lucky with my framers too. They seem to take as much care of my prints as I do (touch wood).

I have something a little special planned for my Dredd print. It's either gonna look really cool or kind of stupid
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:10 AM   #616
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I have something a little special planned for my Dredd print. It's either gonna look really cool or kind of stupid
Alright, I'm intrigued.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #617
dechirico7
The Flash

Anyone have pics of this print framed?
I am looking for some inspiration.
I really like large ornate wooden frames, but I am not sure that will work with this print.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #618
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Anyone have pics of this print framed?
I am looking for some inspiration.
I really like large ornate wooden frames, but I am not sure that will work with this print.
I believe FROBAY has his at the framers currently. Nidgit has a cool plan for his but that might not be done for a while I'm guessing.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #619
FROBAY
Phoenix

Mine is still out.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #620
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Is there a way to contact Rob? I just opened my Dredd poster since unfortunately I was away for a while, and it's bent to hell.

Super bummed.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote