Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 05-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Welcome to Mojo World! - The Mojo Mini-Bust

Hi guys,

I have today received my Mojo MB (#277/700) and I could not be happier with it.
The bust is a great representation of the tyrannical ruler of Mojo World and it looks absolutely marvelous. The bust has a nice size, a great paintjob, beautiful details and an undeniable presence which really suits The Spineless One.

I have taken some quick shots of Mojo which I have posted below.
Have fun with the pics but do realise that extreme care is necessary since otherwise Mojo might be pitching you against one of his gladiators in one of his television shows!

--------------------------------------------------------

History

It's usually a good thing when you've got your mojo working. Unless, that is, your mojo is associated with the Mojo, the wicked ruler of the eponymously named Mojo World in the twisted dimension called the Mojoverse.

Mojo World is home to a bizarre race of literally spineless alien beings whose members rely on technologically advanced platforms to walk upright. These so-called Spineless Ones were influenced by television signals from planet Earth that breached the space/time continuum. As a result, the political hierarchy on Mojo World became based on the medium of television.
Taking over both the television industry and the slave trade, Mojo assumed complete control over his race, due in part to his great physical strength and formidable powers of sorcery.
These magical abilities are increased in direct proportion to what amounts of worship from his people.
The more popular his television shows, the more powerful he becomes.

Physical Attributes

Height
Unrevealed

Weight
Unrevealed

Eyes
Yellow

Hair
None

Powers

Mojo’s great size gives him strength greater than that of a normal Earth human. He can heal himself at an enhanced rate as well as regenerate lost body parts.
He also has unspecified magical abilities, such as the ability to fire a blast of magical energy or the ability to alter a target's metabolism, health, and physical condition.
Mojo can hypnotize his victims, controlling their minds, memories and actions. He has proven able to draw a sleeper's spirit into his lair. Mojo’s very presence manifests an “anti-life” force, warping his surroundings in ways that threaten life (by creating storms, causing wilting, and so forth).
Doctor Strange theorized that his presence on Earth could threaten all life.

Weapons

Mojo’s platform is outfitted with numerous weapons, such as a particle beam, a tail-like stinger and various bladed attachments. He also has his world’s resources at his disposal, from high-tech surveillance technology to advanced cloning and genetic equipment to portals capable of inter-dimensional travel.

Art is moral passion married to entertainment. Moral passion without entertainment is propaganda, and entertainment without moral passion is television.
~Rita Mae Brown

Television is not the Truth. Television is god-damned amusement park. Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, sideshow freaks, lion tamers and football players. We're in the boredom killing business.
~Paddy Chayevsky

Television's perfect. You turn a few knobs, a few of those mechanical adjustments at which the higher apes are so proficient, and lean back and drain your mind of all thought. And there you are watching the bubbles in the primeval ooze. You don't have to concentrate. You don't have to react. You don't have to remember. You don't miss your brain because you don't need it. Your heart and liver and lungs continue to function normally. Apart from that, all is peace and quiet. You are in the man's nirvana. And if some poor nasty minded person comes along and say you look like a fly on a can of garbage, pay him no mind. He probably hasn't got the price of a television set.
~Raymond Chandler

The television, that insidious beast, that Medusa which freezes a billion people to stone every night, staring fixedly, that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little.
~Ray Bradbury

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
MKS
Nightwing

I am not a big fan of Mojo as a character or of the Mojoverse story-lines, but I do like this bust!
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
dechirico7
The Flash

I agree, the bust is amazing.
These creepy Bowen pieces seem to appeal to me. I really like this and the Modok FS.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Mojo is a dangerous, creepy guy, a true blue tyrannical ruler with an ego and lust for power bigger than life.
But he looks incredibly cool (IMHO of course) and Dr. Eveil could not have said it better when he said the following about mojo in the movie Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me:

Mojo: The libido. The life force. The essence. The right stuff. What the French call a certain... I don't know what.
- Dr. Evil -

LOL!

Rainer

Old 05-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
1logan
Statue Forum MacDaddy

This would have been amazing if it had arms. Instead it was a lackluster bust that I'm glad to have, that sold just as well as Ulik and the Executioner.....not very well at all.
1logan is offline   Reply With Quote