Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 03-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That's really cool. All of the compartments light up. That's a nice touch
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by naindejardin View Post
Very Awesome WOW!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
That's really cool. All of the compartments light up. That's a nice touch
Yeah, each one of those compartments is a fiber strand, so doing that takes A LOT of time and effort (which for me means it costs a lot :P). Built in the same way as ILM did it ^^ And it's roughly studio scale for the ANH star destroyers too ^^.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #33
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If I had known about your blog contest I would have entered in for the Skies of Arcadia coin. And the copy of Arc the Lad, Jet Grind Radio. Oh well.

If you care to post more pictures of you Albatross I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #34
dao2
Cyclops

Haha ;p I may give away another coin eventually, would you have been able to answer the questions? :P And somewhere down the line I'll hold a contest, and for FAR more awesome things

I'll be getting some other spiffy stuff soon (I hope :P) and when I'm taking pics of that I'll do more of the albatross :< Not sure what else of it to show though :P And actually the person who won jet grind radio already had a copy, if you want it I can toss it your way (think of it as thanks for the link to that print ;p).
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

I saw the chrono trigger pic caption and thought "hmm I wonder what his fav rpg is then?"

...it became all too evident as I continued onwards :P.... dat SOA ship 0_0

I own that firefly print as well. It was a steal at $20. I was debating whether to bother framing it because it's so big, and seeing your one framed has encouraged me to frame mine.

Also your replica serenity is sick. It's tempting but not 3.5k tempting lol.

P.S. Have you purchased "A celebration" yet. From one firefly fan to another, let me tell you that it is awesome and totally worth the asking price. I got mine for about $35 off Amazon.ca
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post
I saw the chrono trigger pic caption and thought "hmm I wonder what his fav rpg is then?"

...it became all too evident as I continued onwards :P.... dat SOA ship 0_0

I own that firefly print as well. It was a steal at $20. I was debating whether to bother framing it because it's so big, and seeing your one framed has encouraged me to frame mine.

Also your replica serenity is sick. It's tempting but not 3.5k tempting lol.

P.S. Have you purchased "A celebration" yet. From one firefly fan to another, let me tell you that it is awesome and totally worth the asking price. I got mine for about $35 off Amazon.ca
CT is my second favorite RPG, and it is without a doubt an amazing RPG, but yea definitely SoA :P

I got my frame from ebay, so it was pretty cheap. Although I get the licensing concerns it's weird that a firefly anniversary poster ("print") had a quote from serenity in it :< Wasn't my favorite quote either, a choice one from Out of Gas (beginning and ending line maybe? ;p) would have done nicely IMO.

The replica is cool but it was overpriced (even hardcore fans would bulk at the price for something that size, I did :|). And good lord they are asking 3.5k for it now? They started at 2k and I paid 2.2 and even that it was too much :| 3.5 is just TERRIBLE. Get the shiny kit and have someone build it up for you instead :| Honestly if QMX weren't the only guys doing firefly stuff I'd avoid them like the plague.

And woah haven't even heard of the Celebration book! Just looked it up and it looks AWESOME, just ordered it :| Oh money.... when will I ever see you again :P Thanks for the mention

Also since you showed me something spiffy and you're a fellow firefly fan check out these awesome print set that wookie did.

http://www.jameshance.com/prints-shiny.html

They look pretty cool and for $75 I nabbed em (even if it says free shipping on 5+ prints I got charged shipping, gonna ask about that). The Jayne and Mal face seem a bit narrow but the rest have a pretty damn good likeness. And the dinosaur in Wash's picture is awesome :P

Also not posted a pic anywhere but I've managed to get my hands on an abbyshot Browncoat which is AWESOME. It's heavy as hell too for a coat!

I love talking to other firefly fans, any chance you got any IM service ^^? AIM, GCCHAT, Steam? Also if you by chance have a Model 47a and are looking to part ways with it (or aren't :P I might entice you with a figure), please let me know!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #37
Goldenpanther
Kindly Asked To Leave

can u sell me a dreamcast pllllllllllllllease lol
Goldenpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #38
dao2
Cyclops

NEVARRRRRRR
Old 08-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #39
dao2
Cyclops

Got my first shelf dedicated to statues!

Anyone else have a problem and also need help? :P
Old 11-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #40
dao2
Cyclops

Been having to move a ton of stuff and dug out my custom Tomb Raider PF