Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
dao2
Cyclops

Dao's Room of Doom / Gaming Setup

Here is my room which I love coming home to everyday I'm primarily a gamer so it's not as chock-full of statues as others around here but v0v ^^ It is a lot more crowded than I would like... but some day I'll have a bigger place ;p

*Note: I am a firm believer of being super lazy so I didn't really clean up so there's random ---- all over. I'm not really sorry :P

Let's start off the the left corner. Starting off with a Wall Scroll from FLCL, Malcolm Reynolds Wanted print (signed by the Fillion!) and a replica Phurba Dagger.

Here's a closer look at the Wanted poster and Phurba dagger. I don't really normally care about getting my stuff signed but I LOVE Firefly. It is far and away my favorite TV show and getting crew signed stuff I am definitely for, it's one of 2 things I have signed by Nathan Fillion (Captain Malcolm Reynolds in Firefly). If you haven't seen Firefly you are missing out, I'm terrible at explaining stuff so I'm not going to try but just watch it, it's pro. Also as you can see the Phurba Dagger is missing a base currently, the guy who made em said he'll make one hopefully early next year so it doesn't have to sit on bubble wrap ;p (Phurba Dagger is from Uncharted 2 btw).

To the top right of that is a framed poster of a Veteran Ranger from Fallout New Vegas. Also more dreamcast ---- (I love the dreamcast and there's tons of dreamcast stuff all over the room :P).

To the left of that is my Time Wing Schematics poster (from fangamer) sitting in a shadow box with the Play Arts Chrono Trigger figures sitting on top (Chrono Trigger is my second favorite RPG of all time!).

Sitting underneath that is the Brother's In Resin Death Dealer statue (obviously made of resin ;p) that I recently acquired from Darth Pain (from RPF). I'm not a huge Frazetta fan or anything but the Death Dealer looks awesome and this is my favorite statue of him that I've seen. It's painted by Saul Alvarez.

One of my issues is that I have 0 space left. I have a ton of stuff left in storage. Now you would think that this would be a good sign that I stop buying ----, but I keep doing it :P I have a lot of regular consoles but they aren't up on my shelves cause I have no room :P Some day I will but for now just some of the shinier stuff ^^.

On the top left we have an Alien Warrior statue from Sideshow. In the middle back is Hellboy's pistol the "Samaritan" from Hellboy: The Golden Army. Infront of that is the QMX Malcom Reynolds pistol. On the right side is Big Duo from the anime Big O. And to the right of the Big Duo is the Soul of Chogokin Big O. Note: I am looking for a Model 47A (By Badger of course), if you have one and are thinking of parting with it please contact me!!!

You may have noticed that there is something is infront of the Bigs, and that is a Makoto Rebirth hilt saber (light saber :P). I have 2 more sabers, both made by LDM (He's pro at sabers :P), they're currently wrapped up on that shelf since I don't have stands (since there's a massive lack of space) but here's a shot of the 3 together. They all have sounds and if you stick a blade in there and tighten up the retention screw it'll light up nice and bright. One is a completely original one called "Copper and Carbon" (because it's made out of copper and some carbon fiber), and the other is Kyle Katarn's saber.

Moving to the top right is my mostly Outlaw Star stuff (my favorite anime!). There's also a die-cast Arcadia (Harlock) from Aoshima, it lights up the bridge, back portion and engines. Also a custom caster replica with the 20 shells (4,9, and 13 are the gold ones). In the back behind that are some Outlaw Star cels I had framed up.

dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

Here's some closer shots of the cels (they're a bit fuzzy, sorry).

So going back to the left side below the Big's are some spiffy consoles. In the back are some PS2s, a white one, a super red one, ocean blue (translucent), and my original launch regular black one. Infront of the white one is a crystal xbox, and to the right are 3rd party translucent shelled PS1 and Slim PS2.

To the right of that there's 12" Canti and infront the fine molds Porco Russo plane and Lupin the 3rd Cagliostro chase scene Lupin & Jigen. And to the right of that is the Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xilia PS3s.

Going to the bottom left is the start of my dreamcasts. I *love* the dreamcast, as many know a lot of innovation there and the best console evar! Everything in this pic are 3rd party replacement cases.

And more dremcasts on the right! All of the the replacement official replacement top halfs and my 4 skies of arcadia dreamcast controllers. Then my Jet Set Radio and Virtual On dc with another 3rd party translucent and a nice candy red dreamcast.

Here's some better pictures of the 2 custom dreamcasts.

Below and on the left we have the Star Wars Xbox 360 and the "Diplomatic Mission" Vader diorama (cause vader loves being diplomatic ;p). My favorite Vader statue! Also the One Piece Pirate King PS3 and a spiffy Luffy figure my friend got me when he visited Japan.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
dao2
Cyclops

Skipping some stuff lets move on to Firefly, which is my favorite tv show (which is easy because it's the best one :P). On the wall is a framed firefly 10th anniversary print and the QMX Serenity "Big Damn Replica".

Here's another pic of the serenity, it also has a bunch of lights controlled by a remote.

And all of the Big Damn Replicas had a firefly plate signed by the Fillion.

If you noticed some weird little handbill thing in the back it's actually a chinese food menu! A co-worker of mine saw a restaurant that stole the Serenity logo and nabbed a menu for me, it's pretty funny ;p

Then to the right you have my F4F Link on Epona statue, it's pretty awesome. The EX for this was pretty lame imo so I went with the regular that you see there!

On the wall behind that there's also some other spiffy stuff. Including a framed Disk-kun (FDS mascot) handbill, a Tales of the Abyss laser cel, and some framed 35mm film cells from the Fifth Element (with LED lights behind it as they are pitch black against the wall otherwise). Also a framed Fallout 3 poser which I got from blockbuster ages ago.

Then we have the TV area

On the left we have a Wii, a S-Video modded Gensis with a Model 1 Sega CD, a 60gib PS3 (need that backwards compatibility!) and an AV-Modded Toploader NES.

Underneath the TV is a switch box (with a remote thank god ;p) so I can hook all that stuff up! I'll have to go to auto switchers someday but... not today. Sitting ontop of that is a Model 2 (cause Model 1 blew) Sega Saturn and to the right is the surge protector (old school ftw) and Dreamcast.

On the right side of the TV we have a very yellow SNES, an OX, and a N64.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
dao2
Cyclops

And above the TV is my Skies of Arcadia flag which I had printed crimson on black. The TV itself is a 50" Sony SXRD.

In the front of the TV is the "coffee table". In the center is the Kotobukiya bounty hunters set.

On the back left are my Sharkies!

For some reading material I have the Udon Valkyria Chronicles Design Archives.

On the right is an Outlaw Star art book and an extra copy of the Skies of Arcadia art book.

I guess next is my computer. It's a mineral oil computer. Not gonna say much about it, if you're interested in it I wrote a blog a while ago. Here it is: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Dao...g-221106.phtml

Moving onto the wall of games, if you saw my last collection blog (a year or two ago?). It's the same wall, just more games :P The shelves are actually full for most systems and I've had to keep some stuff tucked away in a drawer. Here's an overview shot of it all.

On the left is mostly PC games, I got some slim boxed ones taking up tons of room and a few shelves of some good old jewel case games. The right side for PS1, PS2, and PS3 games (and one of my 3 xbox 360 games, Record of Agarest War: Ultra Naughty edition).

Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

Keeping the top of the shelf spiffy looking is some big box games and figures. Sorry it's a crappy pic too lazy to retake it :P Starting from the left is Bonta-kun (not pictured), Zeta, Golden H, and Crystal RX-78 Gundam Master Grade kits. Behind them is big boxed versions of some of the best oldschool PC games: Duke Nukem 3D, Total Annihilation: Core Contingency, Original Fallout, Shogo, Homeworld, Space Hulk, and the Book of ID.

Sort of the in the middle is a MG Crystal Zaku II (not really pictured well sorry :P), some Patlabor Revoltechs, Last Exile blind box bust set, Vivi, Vaul-Tec Boy bobblehead, and Bullet Bill. Behind them is Freespace 2, Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.

To the right we got a Fett bust from Gentle Giant, Jehuty Revoltech, Gurren Lagann Revoltech, and Macross Revoltech :P And of course the continuing line of awesomeness with Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising, Tribes 2, Ground Control, and long box PS1 games of Wipeout, Rayman, and original Twisted Metal.

Capping it off my single remaining fully painted Warhammer 40k piece a Blood Angel Venerable Dread (his name is verny), Cypher and Temjun figures and a couple Votoms figures. The last long box ps1 being Gex and X-COM Terror From the Deep, Wing Commander IV, and Elder Scrolls II Daggerfall.

And on the shelf below are SMS, Gensis, Dreamcast, Sega CD, Saturn, GC, Wii, XBOX, NES, SNES, and N64 games.

Well last but absolutely not least is Skies of Arcadia! I'm not sure if I mentioned (really not sure since I started this blog 2 weeks ago :P) but Skies of Arcadia is my absolute favorite game of all time and I love the ---- out of it. I've played it more times than any other game (I think I'm at 14 runs now? and it's not a short game either). I heartily recommend checking it out if you like oldschool JRPGs. I'm terrible at explaining things but let me just tell you, playing SoA is a damn adventure. Well onto the stuff!

Here's the area dedicated to SoA on my shelves that you saw before.

On the left we have the SoA limited edition from Japan and some SoA coins. I wonder what skull that is

In the middle we have some extra spiffy SoA custom dreamcasts. The one on the left has leds underneath the acrylic and it lights up.

The flash completely drowns it out even though it's quite bright, here's a no flash pic.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

And sitting behind the 2 dreamcasts are some more SoA controllers! One for each of the 3 main characters, Aika, Fina, and Vyse.

And on the right side we have my custom Vyse statue (made by Nimajneb) and the other side of the SoA coins.

Standing at a massive 5 feet tall and 3 feet long: The "Albatross 3"

If by some chance your are still skeptical, devote your attention to that leather cord in the back. It's used to lift open the back. Why you might ask? Because it's not just a ship, it's a goddamn Dreamcast.

*PHEW* That was a lot to go over. As an end cap, I also did a video of the room although the quality isn't really amazing. Still you get some commentary and I showed some stuff that's not in the pics.

Video!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow, very cool and very varied. So jealous that you have a Serenity "Big Damn Replica".
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #8
kangaxx
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

oh... em.. gee..

dat dreamcast collection...
kangaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Very great collection
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Wow so much to look at
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote