Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #22421
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
John Wick - 9/10

One of the very best action films of the past decade. Highly stlylized and full of some of the most well choreographed gun fight scenes ever put to film. In addition to that John Wick has a heart which adds a fair amount of weight to the title character's relentless pursuit of vengeance.

John Wick: Chapter 2 - 8/10

Very satisfying sequel to what easily could've been a one and done film. While not quite as intense or unique as the original it's still a great action pic in it's own right. Most if not all of the areas left open for expansion in the original were covered nicely. Lots of room for future growth should the series continue.

Love the John Wick movies, infinitely better than those tedious Bourne movies if you ask me.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:39 AM   #22422
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

King Arthur 7.5/10 not as bad as the critics are making it out to be. Sure, it is a stylized story given the director but I enjoyed it.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #22423
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Love the John Wick movies, infinitely better than those tedious Bourne movies if you ask me.
Agreed. Especially the last Bourne film which was one of the most egregious cash grabs in recent memory.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #22424
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

King Arthur 7/10 i enjoyed it. I'm a big excalibur legend fan, aspecially 1981 film since that's how i got in to the legend for the first time. I watched the 1981 film like 12 times or something, once i watched it 2 times back to back in two days. lol I'm crazy about that film so i like The King Arthur to begin with, and the new film was decent. They changed so many things ofcourse and that's ok, it wasn't bad but The 1981 ''Excalibur'' film will always be the real, the true telling of the legend for me.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #22425
Vracula
Jedi Order

John Wick 2 8/10 . Smart ,stylish and whole lotta gun fights. Action Entertainment at it's finest
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #22426
Portugueezer
Hellboy

The Great Wall 5/10

Wow....
Portugueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:31 AM   #22427
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Alien Convenant: 6/10. Ok, a bit disappointing. Huge Alien fan. Won't need to watch this again. Kenny Powers......
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:39 AM   #22428
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Alien Convenant: 6/10. Ok, a bit disappointing. Huge Alien fan. Won't need to watch this again. Kenny Powers......
What does this have to do with ANYTHING about this film? That the film stars the same actor that stars in Eastbound & Down? I think most were already aware of that. Or are you implying the character Kenny Powers is in this film? Because that could not possibly be further from the truth.

Anyway, really enjoyed the film. Including Danny McBride's foray into a more dramatic and serious role.

Alien: Covenant 8.5/10

Last edited by Luminous; 05-20-2017 at 01:55 AM. Reason: typo
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #22429
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Just poking fun. I'll always see him as that. Glad u enjoyed it.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #22430
ukshaun
Hercules

Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Films based on video games I normally avoid. On this occasion I decided to give Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist a chance. At over 2hrs 30mins, the story is quite long. Much of the time is filled with chitter chat, and Ken & Ryu training at a Dojo. There are a couple of fights, but not nearly enough, although what fights there are, are filled with moves you’d expect to see during the video game. The Hadoken (fireball) special FX look particularly impressive. Both Ken & Ryu are played brilliantly, particularly Ken you looks remarkably like Ken from Street Fighter II Turbo. Other characters to appear include Akuma and Gouken. Sadly no sign of Chun-Li. All in all, a pretty decent effort.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote