Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #2711
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
spoilers aside, what did you think of the film?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Sorry you got hit with some spoilers B. Some people just don't have any respect I tells ya. Curious to hear if you liked it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I think he may be too busy patching up the hole he just punched in his wall

Sorry Barbie . . . Hope you liked it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Spoiler Jacks piss me off.
So what did you think B?
Thanks for the empathy, everyone.

I liked it quite a bit actually. My woman and I both enjoyed it very much. It isn't one of my top favorites flicks ever created, but I will most assuredly watch it again at some point.

Since seeing the movie, Rocket it now my favorite of the bunch. Not only is her character extremely charismatic and lovable, but she is hot as a the Dickens. Yowza!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #2712
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
After opening it up, I found it was damaged in a few areas.

Contacted EE to see if they have any replacements...we'll see what they say before I decide what to do. Of all the statues to come damaged, just had to be this one!
Ouch! That's a real pain in the ass. Sorry to hear it, doc.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #2713
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
After opening it up, I found it was damaged in a few areas.

Contacted EE to see if they have any replacements...we'll see what they say before I decide what to do. Of all the statues to come damaged, just had to be this one!
Damn that sux, with my luck same thing will happen to me
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #2714
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
What was damaged?
The sheath wasn't glued on properly and came loose when I lifted her out of the box, taking a finger with it. However there clearly was glue at one time because the paint under the sheathed area came off a bit. To add to that, there was basically no glue on the straps (the ones in the middle) of the sheath so they were loose and also came off.

Pretty much all the problems came from the sheathed area of the statue. It's nothing that I couldn't fix if I had to but I'd rather just get a replacement if any are available.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #2715
Spazzy
Hercules

good luck!, If anything you should get a discount.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #2716
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post

I liked it quite a bit actually. My woman and I both enjoyed it very much. It isn't one of my top favorites flicks ever created, but I will most assuredly watch it again at some point.

Since seeing the movie, Rocket it now my favorite of the bunch. Not only is her character extremely charismatic and lovable, but she is hot as a the Dickens. Yowza!
Glad you liked it mate. I still haven't watched the extended edition on BD so may watch it again today.

Quote:
The sheath wasn't glued on properly and came loose when I lifted her out of the box, taking a finger with it. However there clearly was glue at one time because the paint under the sheathed area came off a bit. To add to that, there was basically no glue on the straps (the ones in the middle) of the sheath so they were loose and also came off.

Pretty much all the problems came from the sheathed area of the statue. It's nothing that I couldn't fix if I had to but I'd rather just get a replacement if any are available.
That really does suck mate . . . As you said, of all the statues to arrive damaged.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #2717
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post

FINALLY! Someone with taste! I love Rocket too!
Rocketeer Rocket Pack + nurse outfit + short skirt + Jena Malone + awesome hair = WIN
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #2718
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
FINALLY! Someone with taste! I love Rocket too!
Rocketeer Rocket Pack + nurse outfit + short skirt + Jena Malone + awesome hair = WIN
Her acting was probably the best of the 5, and I don't like that many women with short haircut but she pulled it off well.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #2719
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:

on a statue that is majorly sold out everywhere do you think you can get a replacement? I sold mine which wont be here till wednesday i guess i'll wait till i get it and inspect before I spend the cash
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #2720
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
on a statue that is majorly sold out everywhere do you think you can get a replacement? I sold mine which wont be here till wednesday i guess i'll wait till i get it to spend the cash
I doubt it, I'm hoping they (either EE or GG) kept a couple sitting back in case of damaged ones but I know it's unlikely.