Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-14-2022, 10:11 PM   #241
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal - el View Post
We're now in top 1/4 scale prices for 1/6 scale, so it looks like Tweeterhead is joining the high price bandwagon too!
As epic as this piece is doesn't worth the 1k price tag asked imo, so as a huge MOTU fan i will have to admire it from afar!!!
This is another perfect example why most collectors are at the tail end of this hobby!!!
But with Battle Cat this thing is two feet tall and over two feet long. The total mass is greater than a lot of 1/4 pieces out there. It's about the same size as the Skeletor life-size bust.

If He-Man and Battle Cat were sold separately in this scale (bearing in mind that BC is like two 1/6 characters put together), the price for both would be at least $1K. We've seen a lot of excessive price hikes in the hobby lately, but this isn't one of them. It's a lot of statue.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:39 PM   #242
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
But with Battle Cat this thing is two feet tall and over two feet long. The total mass is greater than a lot of 1/4 pieces out there. It's about the same size as the Skeletor life-size bust.

If He-Man and Battle Cat were sold separately in this scale (bearing in mind that BC is like two 1/6 characters put together), the price for both would be at least $1K. We've seen a lot of excessive price hikes in the hobby lately, but this isn't one of them. It's a lot of statue.
I agree. I think the price is more than fair. Now, the extra shipping and tax is another thing.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:28 AM   #243
Dandoc
Birdman

I think it’s a good price for what is two statues. I see the height is 23.25 inches…..the space I have earmarked allows me 23 inches! I’m hoping with the axe it’s slightly less, looks to be in the photos…

Anyway, I’ll definitely find somewhere for it to go! ����
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:21 AM   #244
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
From their Facebook post:

At this point in motion. He should hold it by the end of its handle ready to make the swing. Instead of carrying axe half way.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:38 AM   #245
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
At this point in motion. He should hold it by the end of its handle ready to make the swing. Instead of carrying axe half way.

i thought the same thing when i first saw the axe hand. it would look better him holding the end of the handle. it's one of the only things i would change.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:46 AM   #246
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

i thought the same thing when i first saw the axe hand.
I've forwarded it to FB. But will prob be lost between all the noob questions.

PO would be very hard to resist when they instantly announce Skeletor on Panthor as a 100% companion piece.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:05 AM   #247
SONICobra
Batman

AWESOME piece, if i had the space id be all over it. price doesnt seem too bad considering the overall presence of what youre getting
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #248
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Technically you're right but this is He-Man we're talking about so I think it's safe to say that he's going to destroy whatever he hits regardless of how he's holding the handle.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:09 PM   #249
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don?t think She-Ra fans will ever get a statue of her on Swiftwind. I would cry if it happened.
She-Ra is my #1 want from this line but I wouldn't want her to come with a horse and that massive wingspan. Of course I might change my mind if I saw it but personally I just want a stand-alone She-Ra (in both this line and as a 2.0 Maquette in the Legends line.)
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:33 PM   #250
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Swiftwind would take up a massive amount of room with his wings out. But there were plenty of actions scenes where they would be dropping down to fight. His wings would be folded in and she had her sword up (or rope out to throw).

Also, I would not be opposed to a sweeter moment. She-Ra standing next to him with her hand on his face (she did that a lot). It's hard because I know people want action and that wouldn't be.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote