Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-05-2016, 02:38 AM   #71
johnclone
The Enchantress

2 episodes in, I think the show has been delivering! Some intense action, a story that pulls you in, interesting characters, I don't think anyone will be offing the master anytime soon, but it is still worthwhile to watch them try. And poor Zack. Sucks to be Zack.

I have yet to read any of the books so I can watch with little idea what to expect, but I'm starting to get so curious as to what happens next!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:15 AM   #72
johnclone
The Enchantress

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked this episode, but one thing is nagging at me and I need to vent about it. Upon beheading the Master in his human form does anyone stop to make sure he's really dead? He as he really is, not just his human body that he is inhabiting? NO. Instead they are all like " OK boys, it's Miller Time!" So of course the real master, the super worm sperm snake thing that contains all of the master's critical identity on the cellular level crawls out of the body, and nobody does a thing to stop it, they aren't even aware of it, nor do they appear to be looking around for such a thing. it would seem that while their mortal enemy is slithering around on the street and down into a VERY CONVENIENTLY nearby storm drain nobody is the least bit focused on that.

EDIT I went back and watched this scene again and it is worse than I remembered it. Quintus or Quinlan, or whatever his name is collapses from all the damage he has suffered. Abraham watches the worm go down into the storm drain and does nothing to stop it, or try to stop it. He just watches it.

The scene would have been so much better if upon the beheading, someone had said, It isn't over, remember the master isn't just a humanoid figure, we have to kill the real form as well! Someone else could have said, "There! What's that?!" They all shout "The Master!" "Kill him, kill him!" "Don't let him get away!"

They could have tried to step on him a few times, and tried to shoot at the tiny snake thing, but then suddenly with incredible speed he makes a beeline for the storm drain which is about 100 feet away, reaches it, and is gone. I'd have gone along with that ending completely. Why should the power of the master be limited to only when he has a human body host? The snake thing should be able to do a few tricks as well such as super agility and speed. Instead it didn't even have to, all it had to do was hop and jump into the drain grate which was about 3 feet away while Abraham looked on with a puzzled look on his face.

Other than that it was a great episode, and I really liked how the special forces were now all under the master's control and tried to kill Quintus but despite being shot many times he still stood strong.

So now that the master will be forced to gain a new host, has anything really changed? I mean, I'm assuming that he'll still be his old self, just in a new form. So was anything accomplished by "killing" him tonight? Other than retrieving the Lumen?

I realize that they can't kill the master completely yet because then you would have to end the show as all the vampires would be defeated with the master's demise.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #73
johnclone
The Enchantress

WOW

as a whole, the episode was just average, but there was something that happened in this episode that was enough to cause me to shout out loud at the set in horror lol. If you missed this episode you really need to see it. This show continues to deliver.

Also I had to laugh at how Quinlan asked the vampire trio why they didn't tell him about the "crimson worm" before. Oh well, you'll get him next time Quinlan.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:52 AM   #74
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

still loving the show, how much is it following the original material?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #75
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
still loving the show, how much is it following the original material?
Not that closely.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #76
johnclone
The Enchantress

Really? Interesting. I didn't know that, figured it would be following right along.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:46 AM   #77
whd
Suicide Squad

It was renewed for a fourth and final season.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:24 PM   #78
johnclone
The Enchantress

I am enjoying the show very much, but if anything is ever going to happen that is meaningful storywise they have to bring it to a conclusion, they have to finally defeat these 2, the master and Eichart or whatever his name is, so a final season to me sounds like a very good thing for the show and since they know when it is coming way in advance they can plan for it accordingly. Penny Dreadful's ending seemed so clumsy and tacked on. I hope this show comes to an exciting and thoughtful conclusion.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:33 PM   #79
johnclone
The Enchantress

I caught episode 5 finally, not terribly exciting but a few scenes were fairly interesting and we're definitely seeing the story start to pick up speed as we now know how to defeat the master. I laughed when Abraham read in the book the part about the "crimson worm" has to be trapped in a silver coffin. You mean you can't just step on it really hard, or maybe put on steel toed shoes and just give it a hard kick? Or blow it up, or slice it up with a silver sword? What if you threw it into a live volcanic eruption, you mean to tell me lava would not melt that sucker? What if you pinned it down and drove a tank over it? Or couldn't you launch it into space? Freeze it in liquid nitrogen? Oh well. Our heroes will have their work cut out for them.

One of the bigger reveals they are hinting at now is what body will the master take, since he is still alive as the crimson worm he'll need to get himself a new host if he hasn't done so already, I think it might be Zack, but it would be interesting if it were someone we have not seen before. Or maybe someone we have seen before that Abraham trusts? I'm looking forward to seeing how the new identity of the master will influence the overall story. They may not show us this for a while though to keep us guessing what will happen, but they have hinted at it twice so it probably will be revealed this season.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:07 PM   #80
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

How could Fett not get a single worm on him when throwing the vampire on the mining drill? It went everywhere.
The whole show is very casual about hacking these guys apart with no skin protection at all. They've made it quite clear that even the smallest contact is enough to infect you.
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote