Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
While there's no point blank gun shots he certainly most down tons of people behind the wheel of his vehicles and kills the hostage taker. Batman canon dictates that he use, or at least trynwith herculean effort, to use less lethal. Also Batman did not "kill a lot" in the book this is loosely based on (if you are referring to TDKR), though he does wound and maim.
All depends on your definition of "canon". Reading all the daily comic strips that Bob Kane had published in the NY Times years ago, Batman definitely had a gun and used it to kill villains.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #22
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
This is the funniest review I have ever heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2M
Lol; all those things I refused to acknowledge or say out loud
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #23
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
All depends on your definition of "canon". Reading all the daily comic strips that Bob Kane had published in the NY Times years ago, Batman definitely had a gun and used it to kill villains.
Batman was reinvented in the 40's and has had a "no guns, no killing" policy for nearly 7 decades. I had no problem with his brutality - branding child molesters was awesome- but opening up machine gun fire on thugs was too much IMHO. It also leads to the conundrum of "then why the fk wouldn't he have killed the Joker", if he happily mows down paid goons who may or may not have done grevious ills.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #24
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
While there's no point blank gun shots he certainly most down tons of people behind the wheel of his vehicles and kills the hostage taker. Batman canon dictates that he use, or at least trynwith herculean effort, to use less lethal. Also Batman did not "kill a lot" in the book this is loosely based on (if you are referring to TDKR), though he does wound and maim.
he wounds a bunch of people but never directly kills them aside from the dream sequence.

when he saves Martha he shoots the canister which in essence is the enemies own doing by having it on him and open. he could have shot the guy in the face.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #25
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Aside from some moments of Superman and Batman possibly killing (it seemed like it at times but it was downplayed a bit so I'm not sure here) the story was amazing and a step up from Man of Steel. Similar to how Ironman was good but Avengers really stepped it up.

The dark future hinted at seems possibly like a mish mash of Kingdom Come, Reign of the Supermen, Crisis, Injustice, the opening arc of the New 52's Justice League and so forth.

I'd give this movie a solid 8.5-9 out of 10.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #26
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post

when he saves Martha he shoots the canister which in essence is the enemies own doing by having it on him and open..
That's like saying I shot a gun and someone got in the way of the bullet.

At the end when we went to say Martha, he did kill the guy in the car that was firing at him, blowed it up real good.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #27
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Just came back from seeing it, gave it a 6/10

What I liked:
-Ben Affleck as Batman, I thought he did a good job of picking up the mantle of the character.
-Alfred
-Wonder Woman: not sure how I was supposed to know she was an antiques dealer but still she was good in the scenes she was in.
-Visually it was a really great movie

Bad:
-Do all the characters need to go to therapy? Lex is just plain nuts which is so against character. Superman needs some Prozac cause damn is he depressed the entire film. Smile a little dude. Batman can have a burning hatred for someone for two years and the person he hates tells him he has the same name as his mom and in a split second, he's all bro' with him. ????
-Did not like Lex's character, at all, not one bit.
-Doomsday, even my youngest said it looked a little too cgi-y.
-sure it looked great but the story was just average. Reminded me of the discussions a couple months ago about who is more important to a comic, the artist or the writer. Well, they are both equally important. I just felt they put too much emphasis on making it look cool and not enough on the story.
-I know they showed the beginning to try to answer one of the issues with the last superman movie but if anything it just proved my point of my issue. He has a battle in the city, killing and injuring thousands of people and what does he do at the end of the battle? Go help the wounded and trapped? Nope, kiss the girl. Dick move dude.
-the little bits of human at the very end felt forced and out of place.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #28
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Biggest flaw in the movie? Where did Wonder Woman's outfit and weapons come from? She obviously couldn't bring her shield and sword as carry-on luggage.

Overall I enjoyed the film. Far from perfect and just like Man of Steel, not what I was hoping for. I'm just glad that I didn't come out of the movie hating it. Script needed some tightening up with just too much expositional build-up. Eisenberg's Lex Luther was the worse thing in the movie as he is just straight coo-coo for for Cocoa Puffs. So much for a menacing villain in Lex. Doomsday was just overkill with the graphics. Did we need glowing Doomsday spewing lighting? A lot of elements drawn from Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman. 6/10
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #29
risingstar
Jedi Order

So we're back from the movie... and below are the first few things the wiser half says about the flick:

''Luthor was like the Joker with money''
''No way Superman can fly with that Kryptonite spear''
''That Doomsday guy looked just like that Abomination guy from the Hulk with some LOTR mixed in''
''Hey... that was Maggie and Neegan!''
''What's up with Cavill's receding hairline?''
''Wonder Woman was awesome... And, wasn't that Chris Pine??''

What can I say... Years of exposure to superhero and adventure film lore seems to have paid off.
She's become a genuine nerd. Proud moment.

My rating: 7.5/10 - a solid B
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #30
SuperJ300
Zot

Just seen the film to avoid spoiler!

I really enjoyed it!

Whent in with open mind knowing these films don't follow comics exact!

Good
-Batman was awesome! A more ruthless darker Batman than Bale.
The Criminals was a lot more scared of him than other Batman films.
Definitely could get his own film.
-Wonder Woman was bad ass, looking forward to her film.
-The film was visually very good.
-Very cool on the sneak peeks of the other heroes.
-Enough action all the way through

Bad
-Lex Luthor was okay, but a bit too diffirent to the comics.
-Superman still not sold on him yet. Just climpse of the hero. I felt the same with Captain America with the first two films.
-I agree the script needed a bit of work, maybe they are rushing these films too quick.

This film was great in all, loads of potential on being amazing!!

Hope they don't rush this.

MAYBE GET A NEW DIRECTOR?
Zack Snyder 300 was great, but since then his films have been a bit slow in the middle. I was worried about this, but he kept the action all the way through.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote