Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Luminous
Cyclops

No Man's Sky - An Infinite Procedurally Generated Universe

No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe. Easily my most anticipated game of the next generation of gaming.

No Man's Sky Gameplay Trailer | E3 2014 | PS4

Quote:

Whether a distant mountain or a planet hanging low on the horizon, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.

Where you’ll go and how fast you’ll make your way through this universe is up to you. It’s yours for the taking.

Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet’s landscape is different from the next, and populated by species never before encountered.

Find ancient artefacts that could reveal the secrets behind the universe.

Choose whether to share your discoveries with other players. They’re exploring the same vast universe in parallel; perhaps you’ll make your mark on their worlds as well as your own.

Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, and you are vulnerable.

Your ship and suit are fragile, and every encounter can test your skills to the limit. From dogfighting in space to firstperson combat on a planet’s surface, you will face foes ready to overwhelm you.

And one mistake could see you lose everything. In No Man’s Sky, every victory and every defeat is permanent.

The voyage that stands before you cannot be taken lightly. You’ll need to prepare.

Collect precious resources on the surfaces of planets and trade them for the ships, suits and equipment that will take you to your destiny in the stars.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

As someone who isn't really into gaming these days (don't own a console nor a powerful computer system anymore), very few games catch my attention. But I was pretty excited when I heard about this game last year especially after seeing the announcement trailer back in December.

It does look fantastic and I can't imagine the game play and environment possibilities with the ability to explore all those different planets.

Hopefully I will get to play it down the line.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I saw this the other day, looks very interesting. The way you can leave a planets surface, fly into space then fly straight to another planets surface all seamlessly is very impressive. I just hope they can make a good game of it and that each of the planets isn't too samey.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
vinnnie
Luke Cage

So anyone on this forum (besides me ofcourse) playing this game? Landed on a toxic planet and just struck gold. Game reminds me of minecraft anyway, kinda enjoying it so far even though I dont really know what the main mission is (if there is one), besides finding materials to repare my spaceship.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #5
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I was VERY interested in this... until I found out it was not on XBOX one. Quite disappointed as it looks right up my alley. Space exploration is awesome.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #6
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

The technical way this game was made and the visuals still achieved through said way, and vast size, are what this game is about more than super compelling gameplay.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #7
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'm interested and will get it eventually, but I hope it is (or turns into) a little bit more of a multiplayer affair than it appears right now. I don't love large multiplayer battles (especially pvp), but something more akin to the Souls games or Journey would be nice. I know that's what it's supposed to be, and news of some players trying to hook up is promising, but Sean Murray hasn't been as forthcoming about it so far.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #8
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

I'm loving just exploring and discovering the history of the alien races by learning the languages.
There's always one resource you can't find enough of in order to build the upgrade you need!
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:25 AM   #9
Python
Omega Red

I've been looking forward to this, but having seem some actual game play, I think I'll stick with Elite Dangerous which seems to offer far superior space elements. The extra surface based content here doesn't seem to offer as much as I'd hoped. I will wait and see how it all develops.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
Solidus
Doh!

This game has been on my radar for a while, and I like the concept of seamlessly transitioning from ground exploration to flight. Unfortunately, the reviews haven't been that good, so I might pick it up later on Steam when there's a price drop.
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote