Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #2481
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think most folks would blame the difference on paint application.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post
I disagree. It goes beyond paint. The facial structure is very different. Prototype had a rounder, softer structure while the production piece has a thinner more elongated face.

I know the people can “see” the same object in very different ways but in breaking it down that’s how I see it. As has been stated here many times before, it’s still a very nice piece but to me that is not the same portrait sculpt as the prototype.
I contacted a professional artist about making the production piece more like the proto, and sent him pics of both. His response was, "sure, I can get it closer, but you have to understand that a big part of the difference in those two pics is how they were lit."
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #2482
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I have been wondering how this happened. How can the portrait be so blatantly different? Based on my understanding, which I openly admit is limited, of how these pieces are produced the portrait could not possibly be as different as it is unless it is done deliberately.
I don't know, but it sure isn't the first time. I remember the original Ms. Marvel PF - the production portrait was nothing like the proto. I recall that it seemed pretty drastic.

I shouldn't even look at the proto pics for this one - if Sideshow changed the pics on their site, that would explain why I've had no idea what anyone was talking about. I don't even remember what the proto looked like and have thought it looks great as-is. I should probably keep it that way... but, now I'm curious.

Ok, I looked. Yeah, I guess I can get the "you need to see an optometrist" comments. I can't tell a difference in the sculpt. It looks like paint/lighting differences.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #2483
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Destroy??

I got no such instructions with my replacement.

Yup, sometimes SSC will ask you to destroy the defective part rather than spend money to ship it back to them. They will ask to see a picture of the destroyed part before they will send the replacement to the customer.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #2484
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
You can look at post #397 in this thread
Thanks.

I also keep all original prototype images in my own personal collections database that I created to keep track of everything including dates, costs and notes.
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:13 PM   #2485
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup, sometimes SSC will ask you to destroy the defective part rather than spend money to ship it back to them. They will ask to see a picture of the destroyed part before they will send the replacement to the customer.
Nope.
Got the replacement in hand already, came yesterday, and the only communication I received from them was that it had been approved and it would be shipped in 5-7 business days.
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:22 PM   #2486
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Nope.
Got the replacement in hand already, came yesterday, and the only communication I received from them was that it had been approved and it would be shipped in 5-7 business days.
For most times, they will.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #2487
dharper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Here is the email I got. I was suprised that they want me to destroy the head since I live Socal.

Hello xxxxx,

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out, and giving us the chance to make this right. I have booked replacement order, #xxxxx, to replace your damaged Head for your Wonder Woman Premium Format. This new order will ship to your address from the original order after being inspected by our internal QA team.

When your new Head arrives, please be sure to check that your replacement part(s) are acceptable. If there are no problems, please safely destroy the original part(s) within 5 business days and send me a photo of all destroyed pieces. Be sure to include photos of the item’s edition number should your item have one.

Make sure your item is destroyed beyond reasonable repair. Do not dispose of your item until you have received an email back that the photos have been accepted. Any parts not destroyed, or thrown away prior to approval of photos, could make you ineligible for replacement parts in the future.

Always use care and precaution when destroying any item (utilizing eye protection, proper footwear, placing the parts in a closed heavy-duty bag, etc). Please do not set your collectible on fire to destroy it. Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item, so please make sure you proceed in a safe fashion.

Please reply if you need any additional help!
Joe R.

Customer Support Representative
Sideshow Support
dharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #2488
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikebukuro View Post
For those who are still hesitant, here is a photo of mine. I always get the last batch of production from Sideshow as I’m from Japan. (2066/2500) in this case.

Very satisfied, there seem to be no problem with the eyes.
Looks great another great flawless eyes! Later batches are definitely better.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #2489
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Interesting how even SideShow themselves have eliminated all images of the prototype portrait from their website. The only evidence left of it is the box art.
Lol they don’t want to keep replacing more heads so best to get rid of the proto pics.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #2490
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharper View Post
Here is the email I got. I was suprised that they want me to destroy the head since I live Socal.

Hello xxxxx,

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out, and giving us the chance to make this right. I have booked replacement order, #xxxxx, to replace your damaged Head for your Wonder Woman Premium Format. This new order will ship to your address from the original order after being inspected by our internal QA team.

When your new Head arrives, please be sure to check that your replacement part(s) are acceptable. If there are no problems, please safely destroy the original part(s) within 5 business days and send me a photo of all destroyed pieces. Be sure to include photos of the item’s edition number should your item have one.

Make sure your item is destroyed beyond reasonable repair. Do not dispose of your item until you have received an email back that the photos have been accepted. Any parts not destroyed, or thrown away prior to approval of photos, could make you ineligible for replacement parts in the future.

Always use care and precaution when destroying any item (utilizing eye protection, proper footwear, placing the parts in a closed heavy-duty bag, etc). Please do not set your collectible on fire to destroy it. Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item, so please make sure you proceed in a safe fashion.

Please reply if you need any additional help!
Joe R.

Customer Support Representative
Sideshow Support
With all the newly admitted health risks associated with the materials should people risk smashing the statues and trying to get photos as proof?
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote