Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #4781
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
did you ever call SS?
Sideshow has him on banned customer prefer list. Hence why he can never figure out/find statues on the website.
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #4782
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
The size is the problem. I'm not sure how big the diameter would need to be. The bigger industrial turntables are pretty expensive.
Probably 18-20", which then makes displaying a problem.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:35 AM   #4783
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

this isa never ending thread, love that i can come , always new things to read about thanos
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #4784
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
this isa never ending thread, love that i can come , always new things to read about thanos
And we have years of this discussion to look forward to... years!
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:09 AM   #4785
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I think this is going to turn out amazing.....but it would be crazy/funny if they scree it up lol.....this forum would self destruct
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #4786
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
(guys, this thing with 750 ES only will fetch 3k @ ebay even before it goes out. In about 2-3 years the medium price for the EX should be 5k-6k. Flippers know it, Thursday is going to be a BLOODBATH...

1 week sellout ? Guys, WAKE UP!!! This thing has GRAIL written all over it ! Enormous, full of details, modern looking, intimidating, AMAZING portraits, stance, attitude. Everything. The low ES of 750 for the EX sealed the case.

The po day for this masterpiece is going to be a bloodbath ! "

"Then i bet that BEFORE this masterpiece gets in our hands, the price @ ebay will fetch 3k ! Yes, BEFORE it gets in our hands! Give it 2-3 years time and the EX will fetch 5k-6k ! It is HUGE, it will make Doom on throne or Magneto look PUNY! 3k before release, 5k-6k 1-2 years after!"

This thing will fetch CRAZY prices! Flippers know this.

Thursday is going to be a bloodbath ! Brace yourselves!

Some people after my comments

"5-6k i'm sorry but you have no sense of realities. This statue is not even worth 1200$. The price is already 400-500$ too much.

It would be crazy to buy it for 2k or even more on the after market considering that the original price is already outrageously overpriced."

"forp while I won't say you are wrong about the sell out I do doubt it. 750 Es and $1200 is a steep price for a lot of guys who aren't sure of SSCs quality. I am thinking that this will be around for awhile before it sells out. Maybe not months seeing as the Es has been announced, but given the price I am betting people will be waiting a bit. Though I could be wrong. "

"I personally give it 10 days tops before its sold out."

"That's the kinda time frame I was thinking too OC. Like a week/week and a half. "

"I'm waiting two weeks. "

Well, well.....

Where are the guys mocking me ? Where are the guys DEMANDING my account to get deleted because i told the truth about famous youtubers or reviewers receiving free "statues" (or better said, toys from XM and HMO and then "playing" it "objective")? The same guys who AFTER the expose, were trying to cover it with some Sideshow loving. Again the same guys who after acknowledging that XM hype is long gone, are now trying to "connect" with Prime1 in order to AGAIN receive free statues but Prime1 is standing STRONG and refuses to lose its integrity (WELL-DONE Prime1, give these people ZERO free statues...Time to CLEAN our hobby)

Where are the guys saying im a troll, a lunatic, a jerk ?

1 week sell-out? I gave it 1-2 hours at most....I also predicted prices over 3k BEFORE it gets in our hands and 5k-6k in the future.

I am pleased that many fellow geeks here listened to forps and got a po.....My opinion about the hobby will be up @ "Is our Hobby dying" over the weekend....Dont miss it!!!

Man.....this guy loves himself lol. I think you repeated the same thing 5 times
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #4787
ambasah
Red Skull

for those thinking of cancelling pre-orders...wait it out. Keep track of the expected delivery dates...as soon as those pass, you can cancel and SS will refund you the nrd.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #4788
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Probably 18-20", which then makes displaying a problem.
Yeah I was thinking the same with the 18 inch width.

I found 17' and 24' inch motorized but they are very expensive.

I'm afraid mine is destined for the besta being I believe he'll fit. I have a mirror back but with his size I don't even think you'd be able to see the back.

Maybe I'll just turn it around from time to time
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #4789
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Yeah I was thinking the same with the 18 inch width.

I found 17' and 24' inch motorized but they are very expensive.

I'm afraid mine is destined for the besta being I believe he'll fit. I have a mirror back but with his size I don't even think you'd be able to see the back.

Maybe I'll just turn it around from time to time
I'm still thinking, once I get a place with a garage I can work in, is custom cabinets. One of the Facebook groups had a pictorial that showed how to make them so that they'd hold just about any weight and I think that's going to be the way to go. It involves basically making several "ladder-like" skeletons for outer walls and shelves and sheathing those in sanded ply-wood and then painting them. You can then add hinged glass doors if you like.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:13 AM   #4790
adee
Green Arrow

If I could do it all over again I would prolly go that route. I spent a lot on the besta unit I have so I feel I have to stick with it. I've been able to make it work so far but I've found height to be the most limiting factor.

I still like the way a full besta displays, I just wish they were a little more versatile. It's the door attachments that throw a wrench in everything for me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote