Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #111
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Nothing is as heavy as the hulk PF. NOTHING. It's the bench mark for statue weight apparently
my whole collection combined doesn't weigh as much as the hulk PF lol.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #112
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
my whole collection combined doesn't weigh as much as the hulk PF lol.

And in the event of an earthquake, the safest place to shelter is under your hulk PF
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #113
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the saving grace for this is that most of the portrait has face paint on it, so apart from his neck there will barely be any visible skin tone
There is flesh showing through the make up and pores on the Enterbay Joker, I really doubt the PF will look able to mimic the realism of the EB Joker.

Quote:
this has pretty good presence if you ask me how is sideshow going to beat this? lets be honest I love SS, but weve seen how the MOS pf turned out. hot toys has been trying to perfect this cowl and bales likeness for years and they've finally nailed it (pic stolen from the hot toys SDCC thread)
It still looks like an action figure that has been posed as the neck looks long and looks like a separate part from the body. Nevertheless, it does still have presence but I just think a well sculpted statue provided it looks good is more appealing. That's just my opinion. However, that figure still looks great are you going to get it?

Quote:
I agree ,People are fooling themselves if they think Sideshow's Pf's is going to be anywhere close to this good,

I would just prefer a PF statue. I know I am

Quote:
As statue collectors we tend to have an elitist attitude towards action figure's,I changed my mind after I got my enterbay figures, If you cant see articulation what does it matter?

Well I think it matter's because the a sculpted pose has the ability to look more natural than something with joints regardless if they are hidden because they can't achieve the range of motion an action figure can't. That being said, a lot of statues have horrible poses and can look unnatural due to the sculptor.

Quote:
My friend's were like wow this "statue" is so life like. LOL. But hey It isnt as heavy as the hulk PF
Really? My friends think both are dolls!

My friend told me he can't tell the difference, so u have a valid point but for me the pose never looks as natural as a statue.

Anyway I would just prefer a statue than an action figure, it looks more appealing to me, just personal preference really.
Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #114
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'm so happy with my EB but like I said, the same Joker with the same costume ==> PASS ! I've ordered the 1/4 HT Batman because he's different from the EB Batman Begins Suit (which is AWESOME).

Would be nice a 1/4 Joker figure with the nurse costume

(sorry if my english sucks)
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #115
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
nothing is that heavy anymore
1:2 p1 bust is super heavy. No way SS can match the EB joker, but I will be watching this.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #116
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
1:2 p1 bust is super heavy. No way SS can match the EB joker, but I will be watching this.
If Trevor Grove sculpts the head, I think sculpt wise they do have a pretty good chance. Most of the sculpts Trevor makes are pretty much dead on, like that Dutch PF. That sculpt is better than EB BD Terminator IMO.

However, sideshow does not stand a chance of making this look as realistic as EB because the head looks like skin due to the PVC rubbery skin like appearance. I just wish sideshow would use Resin or even PVC heads like Bltizway has done for their Bruce Lee statue as polystone will never have a skin like appearance that Resin or PVC does, no matter how well it is painted.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #117
Vracula
Jedi Order

I agree Dark God getting you can never get that life like pose with an articulated figure, but I am willing it to trade for a life like portrait and interchangeable weapons. The day SS at least gives us that skin like appearance I am totally in.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #118
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
I agree Dark God getting you can never get that life like pose with an articulated figure, but I am willing it to trade for a life like portrait and interchangeable weapons.

Right now I also prefer to sacrifice the life like pose of the body to get a head sculpt looks like the real thing as well!

Quote:
The day SS at least gives us that skin like appearance I am totally in.
Well that day has already come, they made a WWII German Trooper PF completely out of resin if I am not mistaken, which looked real. Also their OBI WAN LSF sculpt made also made out of resin looks real. So they have no excuse not to be able to produce realistic statue because they have proven they can. They just prefer to sculpt PFs out of polystone and they never look real no matter how well they r painted.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #119
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post

Right now I also prefer to sacrifice the life like pose of the body to get a head sculpt looks like the real thing as well!

Well that day has already come, they made a WWII German Trooper PF completely out of resin if I am not mistaken, which looked real. Also their OBI WAN LSF sculpt made also made out of resin looks real. So they have no excuse not to be able to produce realistic statue because they have proven they can. They just prefer to sculpt PFs out of polystone and they never look real no matter how well they r painted.
I thought they backtracked using the resin
Old 08-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #120
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I thought they backtracked using the resin
Apparently they did. Their Obi LSF wasn't like that any more at last SDCC.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote