Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #51
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Still makes no sense. I could understand for sold out pieces like Magneto and Phoenix (even if I'm not crazy about an official retailer flipping preorders), but thanos pre-preorder at 999€? Hawkeye, Ant Man and Hulk at 800-850€?
The only one that COULD pass is the Mark 42 at 719€. Still overpriced, and it's plenty available from Singapore too, but at least it doesn't have a ludicrous mark up.

I have a bad feeling about this, honestly.

And i´m from germany. I save €100 if i do not order from heldenshop, but pay still FedEx air shipping and customs. I get Thanos or Phoenix nearly €150 cheaper.

And guys try to tell me any reason why this pieces going cheaper with new statues in 2015?
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #52
CEETEE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Still makes no sense. I could understand for sold out pieces like Magneto and Phoenix (even if I'm not crazy about an official retailer flipping preorders), but thanos pre-preorder at 999€? Hawkeye, Ant Man and Hulk at 800-850€?
The only one that COULD pass is the Mark 42 at 719€. Still overpriced, and it's plenty available from Singapore too, but at least it doesn't have a ludicrous mark up.

I have a bad feeling about this, honestly.
I am with you on all the things you are saying. A European retailer shouldn't be more expensive than a Singapore retailer, especially with the high shipping costs for these regions to us...

And here we are talking about BIG markups on all the XM-statues which is also not something I totally understand.
Maybe it is better to wait on some official news from XM before drawing any conclusions...
CEETEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #53
CEETEE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post

And i´m from germany. I save €100 if i do not order from heldenshop, but pay still FedEx air shipping and customs. I get Thanos or Phoenix nearly €150 cheaper.

And guys try to tell me any reason why this pieces going cheaper with new statues in 2015?
Grumpy, you participated in the discussion on the German forum. Weren't they saying that the prices for the 2015 statues would be cheaper?
Old 11-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #54
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yup, I'm waiting for official news too.
As I said, I exchanged a few messages with the shop. He told me he is an official XM retailer, then told me that "his distributor" is importing XM pieces in Europe, but "for now" he is the only retailer who has them. Things don't add up to me.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #55
CEETEE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Yup, I'm waiting for official news too.
As I said, I exchanged a few messages with the shop. He told me he is an official XM retailer, then told me that "his distributor" is importing XM pieces in Europe, but "for now" he is the only retailer who has them. Things don't add up to me.
Seems indeed all a little bit strange... I am happy I could order all my XM-statues via Simply Toys, they really have sharp prices on the XM-statues. Even with shipping and customs like Grumpy said, it will be a lot cheaper.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #56
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEETEE View Post
Grumpy, you participated in the discussion on the German forum. Weren't they saying that the prices for the 2015 statues would be cheaper?
Yes there are a few words about that. Like if i can sell the 300 statues, i get the new ones in the future and to favorable conditions. But on the other side he push the last day the hulk from €719 to €819. The meaning of "favorable conditions" is wide for me.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:11 AM   #57
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Even at 700 € it would be expensive, for the standard priced ones. I thought that Semic was expensive, with 699 for standard ones, 749 for Wolverine and 799 for Magneto.
I mean, seriously. These guys buy the statues at wholesale price, have them shipped via sea and probably also have more favorable customs fees (that are more favorable anyway, since the overall and unitary value of the goods is much lower).
I understand that a retailer must have his markup, but it can't be that they cost as much or more than ordering direct from Singapore, with express shipping and full customs.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #58
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Yes, the heldenshop pricing is just a pure joke. If it starts now that other EU distributors can sell XM statues it will be easy to be cheaper as this shop.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #59
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Nope they aren't our EU distributor - its the first time I've heard of them. The EU distributor is putting their website together and I will announce once that's ready.
Raptor Jesus, thanks God Bryan updated us quickly. So basically these guys fed us with s**t.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #60
CEETEE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Raptor Jesus, thanks God Bryan updated us quickly. So basically these guys fed us with s**t.
I still don't get it how they could get so many XM-statues? Do they even have all these statues?