Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #5681
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I forget the gist of "The Fog" (besides the obvious implications.. lol).. need to dig that up on-line.
Classic John Carpenter. Nuff said really.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #5682
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I haven't seen The Burning either. I've read enough about it that I'm going to blind buy it though. If I hate it I'll just throw it up on eBay after I'm done with it and it'll only cost me a couple bucks to view a movie on BD that I've wanted to see forever.

The only title I've picked up so far is Halloween III: Season of the Witch and that was off eBay for $16.99. Prices on these don't seem to be budging much on Amazon and I'm honestly not sure they will. If I can get the rest of the titles from the first batch I want for around the same price I'll be happy but its been rather difficult as these seem to retain their value on the secondary market pretty well.

Ah thanks. No way I was venturing into Wal-Mart so I was hoping there would be some online deals to match.
Well, let me know how The Burning is, if it's good enough I'll blind buy it.

The best way to get a good price drop on these titles will most likely be me buying them at full price, and the very next day I'll bet they will be reduced in price.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #5683
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Nice! I'm down for 4 of those, skipping Night of the Comet and The Burning. Never seen The Burning, any good?
Quote:
I haven't seen The Burning either. I've read enough about it that I'm going to blind buy it though.
I believe I posted about The Burning when Mondo released a poster for the movie. I saw it when it was on Fear Net. I barely remember it but it did have a few good kills I believe. Probably not worth owning.

I wish they would release a Night of the Comet soundtrack. The movie had a bunch of good tunes. The movie was pretty good too. Although, it kind of got a bit too crazy near the end. I really like the first half or so.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #5684
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Well, let me know how The Burning is, if it's good enough I'll blind buy it.

The best way to get a good price drop on these titles will most likely be me buying them at full price, and the very next day I'll bet they will be reduced in price.
Will do.

Man I hear ya there T. Seeing lots of price drops on things I just bought recently which at the time I though was a good deal.

As we've discussed before though I'm not sure how these Shout/Scream Factory titles will work since they're fairly new to the market. On the one side I could see them staying right where they are given the size of the company but on the other hand everything seems to come down in price eventually. Patience is the key I guess I just don't know how much of it I have when it comes to things I really want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I wish they would release a Night of the Comet soundtrack. The movie had a bunch of good tunes. The movie was pretty good too. Although, it kind of got a bit too crazy near the end. I really like the first half or so.
I liked the concept of Night of the Comet, it was the cheesy execution I had a problem with. Though I haven't see it since I was a kid this is one of those films I'm certain hasn't aged well.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #5685
Marvelito

Quote:
Man I hear ya there T. Seeing lots of price drops on things I just bought recently which at the time I though was a good deal.
Well, I know we've joked in the past about waiting on stuff until the BF sales, but I agree that there are things that have fairly recently been released already on sale for BF. I'm slowly increasing my threshold for waiting on price drops and waiting for even bigger price drops just in general. I have a pretty big backlog of stuff to watch, and more and more I find I don't watch things right away, which makes it easier to wait. I can have something I already got at discount just sitting on the shelf, or wait a bit longer and get it even cheaper by which time I may be actually ready to watch it.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #5686
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Agreed. As a movie collector those are words to live by.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #5687
chokeman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Picked up Dumb and Dumber for 3.99 @ best buy.Still think this movie puts 99% of today's comedies to shame
chokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #5688
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeman View Post
Picked up Dumb and Dumber for 3.99 @ best buy.Still think this movie puts 99% of today's comedies to shame
Snagged that one myself.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #5689
patrickwm68
The Flash

Digging through one of Wal Marts $7.88 Blu Ray bins I found The Island, Drag Me To Hell Unrated, and Wolfman Unrated.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #5690
thx217
Ultimates

Good stuff.

thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote