Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #251
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Gotta be 1/6
I would hope at least that small. Tony Cipriano did one that was never produced (I've seen pics of it and it is spectacular) that was 1/8 and he said it was still 2' long so even at 1/6 you would expect much larger than that. I have no idea what a 1/4 scale would be.

One thing though in the Frazetta painting the bears are unusually small compared to the Silver Warrior and sled (kind of like the horse is a little small compared to rider in DD). Polar bears are the largest in terms of height of all known, non-extinct bears but the painting looks like if they stood on their hind legs they would be no taller than the rider. Which is fine, because it will be huge in any event.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #252
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3rs View Post
Always wanted a Death Dealer statue. For people who have purchased from ARH before, how are they as a company compared to say PCS or Sideshow? Do they take care of their customers?
I am a retailer of theirs and would not deal with a company that does not stand by their product. I find them to be excellent in their service and they go the extra mile to satisfy their customers
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #253
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Frank Frazetta loved big dudes. lol. Also - this is affiliated with ARH. That's all I can say for now.
We are a small but growing company. I know that things have been rocky in the past at times but we are working on resolving many of these issues. We are trying to hit our stride and find that sweet spot between quality/production/customer service. We are determined to make it better every day. Thanks for sticking with us. This is year is gonna be pretty rad. I'm really grateful to be here.
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #254
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Frank Frazetta loved big dudes. lol. Also - this is affiliated with ARH. That's all I can say for now.
We are a small but growing company. I know that things have been rocky in the past at times but we are working on resolving many of these issues. We are trying to hit our stride and find that sweet spot between quality/production/customer service. We are determined to make it better every day. Thanks for sticking with us. This is year is gonna be pretty rad. I'm really grateful to be here.
I'm grateful to have you around. I have that Minotaur statue that you sculpted and I absolutely love it. It's one of the best statues I own. I can't understand how it's still up for sale. People must not understand how cool it looks in person.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:30 AM   #255
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

As soon as they got the license i said if you do Silver Warrior i'll be throwing my money at you, lets hope they make good on it.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 PM   #256
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hi - the death dealer looks amazing, but I am still waiting for an ES before I order - any idea of what ballpark it will be in? Or when it will be announced? Cheers!
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:07 AM   #257
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Why if you like it buy it,your not buying ES your buying a wonderful statue IMO. With ARH they never go more than 300-500 ES.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #258
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Why if you like it buy it,your not buying ES your buying a wonderful statue IMO. With ARH they never go more than 300-500 ES.
Because ES affects post market prices. Whether I keep a statue or not, I like to know that I could sell it for at least cost if I needed to. Sometimes I keep my statues forever and sometimes I run out of space or stop loving the statue and want to sell it to make space for newer statues. Unless you have unlimited display space in your house, you will also run into this problem. Whenever I buy a statue I need to juggle space constraints and I like to be able to sell older statues without a lose. Very high ES means lose on sale. It is not a question of making a profit, or flipping, it is a question of managing my collection and collecting without laying tons of money In the process.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #259
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

This is a huge and heavy statue just like Alexander the great.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #260
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

One more payment to go... This thing looks so awesome and is so huge I doubt there will be a ton of buy/resell, my guess is most who buy it will keep it and it will disapear down the hole of "statues you should have gotten when you had the chance". Just my prediction lol fwiw
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote