Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #131
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
Stop repeating nonsense you read.
That's a needlessly harsh statement. An why is it nonsense? If that's what they feel about the scale, who are you to correct them?

I mean, if YOU want to buy this statue for me, I'll happily let you correct and judge my opinions.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:55 PM   #132
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
That's a needlessly harsh statement. An why is it nonsense? If that's what they feel about the scale, who are you to correct them?

I mean, if YOU want to buy this statue for me, I'll happily let you correct and judge my opinions.
Honestly I was thinking the same thing. But I wanted to be more polite. As I’ve read it applied to the whole scale from many a collector.

Imo I don’t think the small child complaint can apply when the statue has an unmasked/unhelmeted character.

As I mentioned previously it’s only when the normal adult human proportions seem off should it apply like with said helmeted characters with baggy outfits. Like maybe the Darth Vader and Boba Fett statues from Sideshow. For me it’s a stretch to even apply it to the BVS Bats, but I’ve read it applied to it too.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #133
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

I agree with Endo, if you want justify why you don't buy a piece, at least come up with something that isn't just plain wrong. None of them look like "children".
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #134
Dundee
Hydra

Im not a die hard fan of Aquaman but this statue looks phenomenal from head to toe. A lot of collectors focus on details, sculpt, accuracy, asthetics etc which are all very important but forget when it comes to replicas of humans/humanoid type pieces, body proportion is equally important and judging from the pics, this one nails J Mamoa's physique very nicely. You can't tell it's 1/2 scale from all the pics taken whether close up or from a distance, that's a true test of how good the proportions are on this (and any other different scale) statue. Excluding 1/1 scales, I can't recall another humanoid statue with such excellent body proportions.

If QS pulls off good production pieces, this statue is going to smoke it's competition.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:27 AM   #135
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Apparently this one is close to selling out most places. I secured my order for one, can't wait to add him to my BvS P1 set.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:45 AM   #136
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Apparently this one is close to selling out most places. I secured my order for one, can't wait to add him to my BvS P1 set.
Will that complete your set? Any missing you still need?
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:03 AM   #137
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Will that complete your set? Any missing you still need?
Well, to be "complete" I would need the black suit Sups, but I don't think I really want that one. The only other one is Knightmare, and I am 50/50 on if I need that one or not already having 2 other Bats(armored and reg).
Old 01-15-2021, 04:12 AM   #138
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Well, to be "complete" I would need the black suit Sups, but I don't think I really want that one. The only other one is Knightmare, and I am 50/50 on if I need that one or not already having 2 other Bats(armored and reg).
You know how many times I say to myself I don't need that one.... then I cave.
Maybe the new Justice League cut will change your mind.
Nice collection either way.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:04 AM   #139
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
You know how many times I say to myself I don't need that one.... then I cave.
Maybe the new Justice League cut will change your mind.
Nice collection either way.
You are right, I will probably get the Knightmare, but the other Sups just isn't different enough IMO.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:36 PM   #140
AJ CARTER
Doh!

Has anybody heard how long this is delayed for?
AJ CARTER is offline   Reply With Quote