Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-19-2021, 04:42 AM   #291
pdenham
Teen Titans

That latest production pic was pulling at me hard- but then I realized that the finished pieces will have the blood/war paint under the eyes.

At first, I accepted it- as film inaccurate as it is with the beserker body- because the piece overall looks so killer.

Once I saw the photoshopped pics removing it I leaned on the "without" side- though I still thought I'd be happy with it either way.

But seeing the production pic now, before it's been applied, I know that aspect would be a source of disappointment for me on what is otherwise all win.
Too much so for a piece at this price point for me.
The sting of the cost would subside over time- but the warpaint will be omnipresent, forever.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:42 AM   #292
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I’d love to get this but too rich for my blood. If it were 1k or $1200 like most life size busts I’d definitely pick it up. Why so expensive?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #293
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I’d love to get this but too rich for my blood. If it were 1k or $1200 like most life size busts I’d definitely pick it up. Why so expensive?
It is definitely an expensive piece.

I'd guess a few things.

1. Includes an arm with a sword
2. Skin is silicone as opposed to polystone
3. Rooted hair (this seems to be the biggest one)

To me looking at similar pieces this is right in line with pricing. My Gadot Wonder Woman has two arms and a bit more torso and is $600 more ($3300) so how this market is seeing Heard Mera revealed for $3900. I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie Harley is over $4000.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:14 PM   #294
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It is definitely an expensive piece.

I'd guess a few things.

1. Includes an arm with a sword
2. Skin is silicone as opposed to polystone
3. Rooted hair (this seems to be the biggest one)

To me looking at similar pieces this is right in line with pricing. My Gadot Wonder Woman has two arms and a bit more torso and is $600 more ($3300) so how this market is seeing Heard Mera revealed for $3900. I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie Harley is over $4000.

Damn. I wish I could get this one. I love the character.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #295
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Damn. I wish I could get this one. I love the character.
I know what you mean, that Alita Motorball by Prime 1 looks amazing, but hard for me to factor budget and space for it and I adore the character. Something has to give in this hobby.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:49 PM   #296
JstChilin
Justice League

How would you care for a silicone statue? Would it deteriorate over time or crack from drying out? Not being polystone just wonder.
JstChilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:26 PM   #297
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstChilin View Post
How would you care for a silicone statue? Would it deteriorate over time or crack from drying out? Not being polystone just wonder.
Estimates I've read is it lasts 20-40 years depending on conditions. Major things are keeping temperature from being too low or too high and not being humid. There are maintenance options.

Really though, even if it lasts 20 years before showing signs I'll be quite old and who knows if I'll hold onto it that long.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:09 AM   #298
MPCanes
The X-Men

The special edition popped back up from queens studio direct - I had to pull the trigger. Wife is going to murder me, but for the few hours I’ll get to enjoy it it will be worth it!
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:00 PM   #299
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
The special edition popped back up from queens studio direct - I had to pull the trigger. Wife is going to murder me, but for the few hours I’ll get to enjoy it it will be worth it!
Is there a video of the Special Edition showing how the heart gets installed? Is there a Chest Plate that covers the Heart if you dont want it visible?

If so, does the regular edition not have a removable chest plate? Wouldn’t that mean there are 2 different Bases???
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #300
pdenham
Teen Titans

Finally got a response back on a few questions I had,

I asked if they were going to offer a red paint-less version.
The reply was that it would depend on if the the artist would be interested(?!?).
As of right now, it doesn't sound like that will be an option, or that they've really considered offering it as one.

Didn't realize the tank top was asked about- and answered here- multiple times already.
I love both looks, so switching back and forth once every other year or whatever would keep this visually interesting that much longer.

Another question I see now answered earlier in the thread about detaching the arm with the blade for space constraints.
Happy to see that as it's also another way to change up the look and keep it more interesting over the long haul.

I seriously love this character and this piece is far and away the statue that captures her best IMO.

With the news that we won't be getting any of the Marvel women in 1:1 busts, and with WW sold out, and further Alitas in smaller scales iffy, this bust has become a much safer choice for me as far as possible regrets should something else show up later.
I've loved this one from the start and the production pieces are looking up to the level thats expected for the money.

Very, very, very tempting and Todd still has a couple left

I also didn't see this posted-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6PyKaci_NA

pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote