Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #81
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I think the opposite is true the more I look at them. But this is a cool statue regardless. A few tweaks to the mask if nothing else would work wonders.
Really? The Prime 1 head looks so short and stumpy. The City Hunter always had a very vertical, elongated head.

Looks like a bull dog.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:54 AM   #82
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Really? The Prime 1 head looks so short and stumpy. The City Hunter always had a very vertical, elongated head.

Looks like a bull dog.
Yeah, the more I look, the more I appreciate the P1 version more than this one. It's not perfect, but it's the one I'll be going for. The bio on the Infinity version is a sticking point for me which may be affecting my opinion of the statue over all however. For the sake of time, I'll just copy my post from the other forum which was in reply to a comment about Infinities P2 being superior in every way to Prime's....

"Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this statue by any means, in fact I'll grab one happily in the unlikely event that it can be easily secured for a decent price. But I have to disagree with your opinion that the Infinity version is better in every regard. The mask on the prime 1 statue is far from perfect (I pointed out areas it could be bettered in the relevant thread) But it's much better than Infinities attempt. The more I look at Infinities, the more disappointing it is to me. It's small, scrunched up and misses a few key shapes which the Prime 1 mask managed better. Everybody misses the mark on the P2 hero mask but I really expected much better from this company. Pose wise Prime 1's is perfectly fitting for the character, fairly iconic and will likely be more appealing to the masses. But I quite like that this one engages the imagination and shows off our boy at a time we never saw him on screen, so I'd say the poses are both pretty good. There isn't much in the unmasked head tbh although I think Prime 1's is painted a bit better. So both are fine statues, I really liked the look of this when it was unpainted and before we saw the bio. I'm a little underwhelmed now it's finished. But it's still leagues above Sideshows attempt and I'm sure it'll make a fine statue in any fans collection, I just wish they would tweak that mask.

Fortunately there is no right or wrong answer as to which one is better. Just our own opinions to ourselves. Ultimately whichever one we each favor (It's the P1 for me) it's great that we have a choice between two high end and impressive Predator 2 statues.

Here's a few side by side images."

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #83
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

A very well-written post. I think the unmasked head sculpt is the only thing that really bothers me about the Prime 1 piece. I'd say the paint on Prime 1's is better. Otherwise, at this point, I like them about equally. Such a shame neither will be available from Sideshow.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #84
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
A very well-written post. I think the unmasked head sculpt is the only thing that really bothers me about the Prime 1 piece. I'd say the paint on Prime 1's is better. Otherwise, at this point, I like them about equally. Such a shame neither will be available from Sideshow.
Yeah, both are great for sure, both have their pros and cons . The infinity looks good unmasked with the disk for example. Whereas the Prime 1 version looks best masked and with a spear, but it's disk swap out looks a little awkward.. I know I keep harping on about it, but I love the P2's mask and it seems nobody is able to quite get it right. Shame the original went walkies. I do think if Infinity have the will to improve it slightly, it would be worth their time doing so as the rest is really nice.

And I concur, Sideshow haven't been able to actually produce Predators anywhere near this level since the original SWS maquette sadly. But I sure wish they were distributing these as they are great in that regard.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #85
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
A very well-written post . . .
That's why there's a few of us here (and on Freaks) that get on really well - even when we disagree we're respectful to each other

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:48 AM   #86
longhuo120
Fantastic Four

City hunter picture in WF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator2 001.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	710.9 KB
ID:	123962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator2 002.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	763.3 KB
ID:	123963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator2 003.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	656.4 KB
ID:	123964  
longhuo120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:13 AM   #87
Furyan
Mephisto

Not perfect to the source but looks excellent. Gotta see the masked head now.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:19 AM   #88
Python
Omega Red

Looking good. I agree that we need to see similar pics with the masked head now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
That's why there's a few of us here (and on Freaks) that get on really well - even when we disagree we're respectful to each other
Group hug.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #89
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhuo120 View Post
City hunter picture in WF
Well THOSE pics are just all sorts of nice! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
. . . Group hug.

We should do lunch. Get your people to call our people . . .

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:33 PM   #90
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

I think Infinity surpassed Prime on the unmasked head, and Prime surpassed Infinity on the helmet. Unfortunately, the unmasked Prime head is much more palatable than the Infinity helmet, which is really, really bad considering the rest of it. If I got one based on what is shown, I would have to go with Prime.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote