Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #951
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

How did hologram Luke give Leila Hans dice?
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #952
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
How did hologram Luke give Leila Hans dice?
Luke wasn’t a hologram but a Force projection of himself, so were the dice. That’s why they faded away in front of Kylo Ren as Luke became one with the Force.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:15 AM   #953
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Saw the film over a month ago and it didn't even care enough to comment until I saw this video. As overly dramatic as it is, it pretty much sums up how I feel about the film. I doubt I'll be seeing episode 9.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Evv6IZiKhXk
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:44 AM   #954
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Luke wasn’t a hologram but a Force projection of himself, so were the dice. That’s why they faded away in front of Kylo Ren as Luke became one with the Force.
I actually felt Leia put them there for Kylo.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:31 AM   #955
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I actually felt Leia put them there for Kylo.
Put them there as in she created them? I’d say no. They were clearly part of Luke’s Force projection IMO.

Left the dice after Luke handed them to her in the hopes Ben would find them? Highly likely given the dice were meant to symbolize that those we love are always with us.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #956
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Put them there as in she created them? I’d say no. They were clearly part of Luke’s Force projection IMO.

Left the dice after Luke handed them to her in the hopes Ben would find them? Highly likely given the dice were meant to symbolize that those we love are always with us.
I think you nailed it.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #957
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Saw the film over a month ago and it didn't even care enough to comment until I saw this video. As overly dramatic as it is, it pretty much sums up how I feel about the film. I doubt I'll be seeing episode 9.
Oh come on now...you've got to stay tuned for the finale! Don't you want to see Kylo's redemption?!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #958
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Oh come on now...you've got to stay tuned for the finale! Don't you want to see Kylo's redemption?!
Nah.......I couldn't care less about Kylo. The character does nothing for me. The same goes for the rest of the new trilogy characters. They have been poorly developed imo and I have no interest in their ultimate fate. The Last Jedi closed the door on that for me. Having said that, I am all in on the Anthology films so I'll be seeing Solo in the theater.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #959
Python
Omega Red

I don't do cinemas, so I had a grueling wait to see this and finally sat down excitedly to watch it once the blu ray finally released in the UK.....

And disappointment, what an absolute mess of a movie. Some good bits scattered among so many head scratching decisions. And who the heck green lit the decision to Kill Ackbar so cheaply off screen? He didn't even get any screen time before it. Just a passing mention. He should have had the purple hared womans (Holdo?) role if anything, it would have meant more and he deserved a bigger role.... And what they turned Luke into was unbelievable. He refused to kill one of the most evil men in the known Galaxy in the original trilogy, he was full of optimism and saw good in even him. And yet in this, after seeing a bit of darkness in his teenage nephews head, he goes to murder him in his sleep and then runs away.... Cool story.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #960
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I don't do cinemas, so I had a grueling wait to see this and finally sat down excitedly to watch it once the blu ray finally released in the UK.....

And disappointment, what an absolute mess of a movie. Some good bits scattered among so many head scratching decisions. And who the heck green lit the decision to Kill Akbar so cheaply off screen? He didn't even get any screen time before it. Just a passing mention. He should have had the purple hared womans (Holdo?) role if anything, it would have meant more and he deserved a bigger role.... And what they turned Luke into was unbelievable. He refused to kill one of the most evil men in the known Galaxy in the original trilogy, he was full of optimism and saw good in even him. And yet in this, after seeing a bit of darkness in his teenage nephews head, he goes to murder him in his sleep and then runs away.... Cool story.
It's in my estimation, and many others, that the reason he had the momentary thought to kill Kylo was because of what his father had done when he turned, nearly enslaving the entire galaxy and murdering the jedi order.

It goes back to the question, if you had seen what Hitler had done and then you met someone, a family member, that you knew was headed down that same path, what would you do?

Even with that knowledge it was a fleeting moment that left him and after words he was regretful for even thinking it. And he exiled himself because he was ashamed that he not only failed, but failed Han, Leia and Ben.

Either way you're entitled to your opinion but I think taking the situation at face value, how many people would be able to cope with what had happened?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote