Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #171
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm disappointed with the V cut and think the 1:1 should at least have as much chest as the 1:2 scale bust--which is a thing of beauty. If Chronicle decides to go ahead as planned then I'll ultimately decide when I see the finished product, but I'm definitely not as excited as I was for this. At this point, I'd actually prefer they made a battle damaged 1:2 scale bust (still without the v cut) instead.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #172
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

If the V cut is confirmed on the 1:1 bust, I will pass on it.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:39 PM   #173
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I guess I'm keeping my Barton and may just look at upgrading certain things.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:31 AM   #174
Predator79
Doh!

Any news on the Robocop 1:1 scale Bust CC? Last info was that v cut was confirmed?
Predator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:09 PM   #175
daz1999
Mephisto

Last info was Paul said he’s rethinking the V cut, not confirmed if he’s going with it or not
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #176
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz1999 View Post
Last info was Paul said he’s rethinking the V cut, not confirmed if he’s going with it or not
Hope not
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #177
HeromanPunch
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

If no V cut I will buy. Pass if v cut. Robo head isn’t that big. V cut on a predator head I would understand
HeromanPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #178
Atheris
The Maxx

I don't know why, but Chronicle to me is a company that hold licenses that they can do exciting things with but every time they announce something it seems like they go down a path to make design choices nobody wants or asked for and totally kills the anticipation with that piece.

Over the years there have been lots of pieces I thought for sure I would order when announced, only to pass on every one of them. I was excited about the 1:1 T-800 statue, then they said it was gonna be a static piece on plain metal base and rod, super boring and lifeless. Then there was the issues with the 1:1 T-800 bust, passed on that also. Then the break out rex issues, passed on that. Now with the V cut Robocop bust design choice and 1:1 Arnie bust from Genisys??? WTF...its like Chronicle are looking for ways to NOT take my money.

I use to be excited when Chronicle was new on the scene, but these days I feel like anything they come out with will also come with a reason to pass on it.

Which is why to this day Chronicle pieces have never made it into my collection.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:20 PM   #179
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Or you just ignore all the dozens of other good pieces and focus on a couple you personally don't like. Yea, sure sounds like a conspiracy to me...what a joke...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #180
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Well it's unfortunate that some don't like what we make, I don't usually make what the majority wants. What's the majority, ten active guys on a forum? Sometime I do make changes to a base or a pose if I get a lot of feedback.

Didn't like Breakout, we sold 1000 units and had maybe twenty pieces returned.

Didn't like 1:1 Endo Bust, we sold 1000 units and had four or five returned.

Only pointing this out to show that we must be doing something right and hitting a nerve with our customers and loyal fans.

I make what we want and if we don't like it, I won't make it. Many times I've told the studios it's our vision when it comes to the design of the final product.

Regarding the Terminator 1:1 bust, it's Genisys and it's based on the Battle damaged version with real hair and chromed parts that will be inserted.

I won't deal with the current licensor of T-1 or T-2.

Regarding Robocop we're basically making a 1:1 version of the 1:2 bust with a different mouth, no v cut. It's not because of Feedback it's because we can make the fuller version for roughly the same costs.

I enjoy designing and making products and not everyone is going to resonate with fans, but we'll keep producing and delivering quality product on a regular basis.

I'm really excited for our DK pieces.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote