Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #931
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
My bad. I will change my photo hosting site over the weekend. Hate Photobucket.
Just to check you do know you can host it here too?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #932
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Just to check you do know you can host it here too?
I know. I just don't like the format. Limited space and thumbnail size photos.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #933
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I don’t know why it’s so hard for some of you to accept that Luke, in a moment of weakness, did something that was out of character and as such paid a heavy price. This kind of thing happens in everyday life all the time. Much like his father before him his faith was challenged and he lost his way, but in the end found redemption. Just because one doesn’t like how events unfolded doesn’t mean they aren’t plausible.
It comes down to writing and story, not the concept within the plot.

Luke's arc and fall from grace could have been fascinating as where we left him in Return of the Jedi is the sense of an enlightened warrior monk.

Without context the events happen, but they don't feel earned. You could make Luke do all sorts of things that challenge preconceptions, and I'd be open to it.

To me, this is the same story issues I found with Anakin in the prequels. It never felt tragic the way Vader's redemption arc did in the originals.

Maybe it did emotionally resonate with you. I didn't identify or care about any of the characters. I can get over all sorts of issues, but if I don't care about what is happening in a story it all falls apart.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #934
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Luke's arc and fall from grace could have been fascinating as where we left him in Return of the Jedi is the sense of an enlightened warrior monk.

Without context the events happen, but they don't feel earned. You could make Luke do all sorts of things that challenge preconceptions, and I'd be open to it.

To me, this is the same story issues I found with Anakin in the prequels. It never felt tragic the way Vader's redemption arc did in the originals.

Maybe it did emotionally resonate with you. I didn't identify or care about any of the characters. I can get over all sorts of issues, but if I don't care about what is happening in a story it all falls apart.
You've made some excellent points here!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:00 PM   #935
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Well said. I was too busy feeling disappointment to feel empathy. They could have told the story much better and to have him throw the sabre over his shoulder and dissapoint us from his first on screen moment I lost interest in his story and just wanted it to be over.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 PM   #936
Gruson
Suicide Squad

No classic lines or moments at all either.
Think how many quotes you know from the original trilogy.

I never thought i would be more disappointed in a Star Wars movie that i was with Attack of the Clones but Last Jedi was far worse.
Disasater of a movie on so many levels. Unreal they let this Rian Johnson write that story and ruin Star Wars. Amazed they haven't cancelled his other trilogy.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:21 AM   #937
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quotes come from seeing the movie multiple times. Watch the movie X number of times and I am sure something will click with you. Or with somebody. Give it time.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:55 AM   #938
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Quotes come from seeing the movie multiple times. Watch the movie X number of times and I am sure something will click with you. Or with somebody. Give it time.
it is a matter of repetition.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #939
qz33
Doctor Doom

"See ya' around kid"
and
"This is not going to go the way you think"

are pretty good to me.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #940
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I never thought i would be more disappointed in a Star Wars movie that i was with Attack of the Clones but Last Jedi was far worse.
Disasater of a movie on so many levels. Unreal they let this Rian Johnson write that story and ruin Star Wars. Amazed they haven't cancelled his other trilogy.
I understand your frustration but I think it's an extreme point of view.

Rian is a capable director and demonstrated this in his other film Looper.

Taking this series into new territory yet also accommodate the OT characters is no easy task and I think overall Rian did a decent job, hence, why Kathleen Kennedy hired him to write the next trilogy.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote